Author Topic: Stack your shirts upside down...  (Read 7132 times)

Offline coopersdesign

• Verified/Junior
Re: Stack your shirts upside down...
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2011, 11:15:26 PM »
I came across a shirt with the pocket sewn in the middle.
Much of the beauty
that arises in art comes from the struggle an artist wages with his limited medium -Henri Matisse

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2011, 11:22:35 PM »
You Ann, have inspired me to only half jokingly suggest a new Gallery of Funky Shirts.
Post pics of the worst of the worst, that somehow still made it through quality control.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 11:57:14 PM »
You Ann, have inspired me to only half jokingly suggest a new Gallery of Funky Shirts.
Post pics of the worst of the worst, that somehow still made it through quality control.

Back of a 3/4 sleeve raglan jersey just the other day. 5" of un-sewn sleeve seam with a gaping hole. Would have never seen it with the shirts stacked print side up.

I guess it's for a ball player with three arms?
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline terryei

• !!!
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 06:17:57 PM »
We print, most of the time, a pc61, port and company, (hanes) t.
Never have a problem with holes, grease etc.  Proable 1 or 2 a year, that we see, and customers have not complained so I don't think they are there.
I have a really hard time understanding flipping a shirt.  I'll try it, but as far as it giving you a chance to inspect it, how long does it take you to load a shirt?  I know the records that are out there, but I'm happy if we print 25 to 35 dozen/hour steady all day long.  That gives you seconds to "inspect" a shirt and try and see a little hole.  Not enough time.  My idea, buy a better shirt, print it quicker, collect the money, repeat.
Terry

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 06:34:23 PM »
We print, most of the time, a pc61, port and company, (hanes) t.
Never have a problem with holes, grease etc.  Proable 1 or 2 a year, that we see, and customers have not complained so I don't think they are there.

I think that the overwhelming success of places like Walmart, and the proliferation of Chinese crap speaks volumes as to the mediocratization of our buying  public. As a nation, we are not discriminating consumers.

$100 bucks says that I can find at least one defective shirt in two of your unchecked cases, and that would actually be great numbers!
Send 'em, out, and I'll trust you that you didn't check them any more than usual. lol!

btw, Port PC61 makes up a big chunk of my stock as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline dlac

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
When I was printing and desiging I traveled the malls and shirt shops all over the south and midwest buying shirts I liked, thought were main stream and something I could learn from and not directly knock off.. My wife couldn't wait for me to unpack so she could point out that I bought shirts with holes in them, seams not sewn closed, bad dyes, collars coming loose... on and on and on.. so let me tell you that you can let one go buy in the resort business and not get it back.. The plumber down the street however who is going to destroy the shirt the first time he puts it on is a whole nother issue
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...