Author Topic: Whats the next big thing??  (Read 6104 times)

Offline skent

• Verified/Junior
Whats the next big thing??
« on: December 30, 2012, 05:43:44 PM »
Hello world, im wondering what you guys think will be the next big thing in screen printing. Also what will be big in the year 2013??

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Whats the next big thing??
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 07:15:26 PM »
I pretty much agree with Frog.
 As far as what else will be big in 2013 for screen printing who the hell knows.
We get loaded down with new products, new ideas and methods of doing the same old thing, I give you direct to screen hype as an example.
My best prediction for the big screen printing trend in 2013 is mirrored in the past...OK I will explain.
Pet Rock
Hoola Hoop
Rubic's Cube
Cabbage Patch babies
Pogo Stick
Flubber
Silly Putty
The Super Ball
Tamagotchi
My personal favorite ........Ugg boots
Popeil Pocket Fisherman...well maybe not this but hopefully by now you get my point

For you younger bucks out there the above were just some of the biggest success stories ever marketed that no one saw coming!
When they hit the market folks just had to have them and they made the individuals behind them very rich.
The next big thing will be defined by the cosmic intersection of two or three circular concepts all meeting at the same place at exactly the right time that no one saw coming. If none of that makes any sense then you pretty much get the concept of The Next Big Thing ;)

mooseman
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:17:51 PM by mooseman »
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline patfinn

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 07:46:37 PM »
Hello world, im wondering what you guys think will be the next big thing in screen printing. Also what will be big in the year 2013??

i think cts is going to get much bigger and in more and more shops this year. its the FUTURE.....
Patrick Lashbrook
M&R Sales and Service
Technical Sales Associate
patrick.lashbrook@mrprint.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 08:00:11 PM »
Could not agree more. Prepress is what will count in 2013.
Rich Hoffman

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 08:06:17 PM »

i think cts is going to get much bigger and in more and more shops this year. its the FUTURE.....

I would bet against that as long as the industry continues to make and sell manual presses.
DTS or CTS is the DTG du jour.
It wasn't too long ago we were all worried thet DTG was going to revolutionize the market and put many of us out of business.
DTS or CTS will benefit the upper end of the volume market but you will have to be at the top of the food chain to really benefit from the product.
time will tell but my money says 2 antlers down to this being the great white hope. 

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline ole jobe

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
Sometime, somewhere someone is going to build a scoop coater that doesn't leave the heavy ridge of emulsion at the ends.

Offline patfinn

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »

I would bet against that as long as the industry continues to make and sell manual presses.
It wasn't too long ago we were all worried thet DTG was going to revolutionize the market and put many of us out of business.
DTS or CTS will benefit the upper end of the volume market but you will have to be at the top of the food chain to really benefit from the product.
time will tell but my money says 2 antlers down to this being the great white hope. 

mooseman

I tend to disagree. I think your right as far as the manual printers go, but for the 1 auto shop that is looking to squeeze out every last bit of production out of the press, a cts is a great way to go. eliminating long set up's, which keeps that press moving more.
your investment on a cts is far less $ than adding another auto and prob will get you the most out of your 1 press, and may hold you tight for a while until you buy a second auto.

so if your on the brink of adding another auto to keep up with work, think about adding a cts instead of another auto. in my opinion you can save money and get more production out of your 1 press.

I know three 1 auto shops that just added one to their shop they love it, i think one of their employees said he wouldnt ever work in a place that didnt have one there!

i would love to see a scoop coater that doesnt leave a ton of emulsion at the ends.. 
Patrick Lashbrook
M&R Sales and Service
Technical Sales Associate
patrick.lashbrook@mrprint.com

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 09:38:39 PM »
I hear distress textures are going to be big next year. Big, all-over prints with scrolls, fillagrees and skulls with fleur de lises and dagger shapes are going to be hot as well.

Also look for this great new font called "Bleeding Cowboys." Should be BIG.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »

mooseman

I tend to disagree. I think your right as far as the manual printers go, but for the 1 auto shop that is looking to squeeze out every last bit of production out of the press, a cts is a great way to go. eliminating long set up's, which keeps that press moving more.
your investment on a cts is far less $ than adding another auto and prob will get you the most out of your 1 press, and may hold you tight for a while until you buy a second auto.

so if your on the brink of adding another auto to keep up with work, think about adding a cts instead of another auto. in my opinion you can save money and get more production out of your 1 press.

I know three 1 auto shops that just added one to their shop they love it, i think one of their employees said he wouldnt ever work in a place that didnt have one there!

i would love to see a scoop coater that doesnt leave a ton of emulsion at the ends..
already done. It's called the uni-cote.
Rich Hoffman

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 10:40:20 PM »
Sometime, somewhere someone is going to build a scoop coater that doesn't leave the heavy ridge of emulsion at the ends.

The only time I got emulsion leaving a heavy trail on the sides was when I didn't hold the scoop coater against the screen.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 11:11:57 PM »
I would like the next big thing to be 1 color prints on whites lol

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 05:18:30 AM »
i do not disagree with the auto guys but CTS is an innovation not a trend. Many will be sold and the equipment will be BIG for those bigger shops that buy one but as far as a trend I still disagree. It will be a one and done piece of equipment not unlike a tension meter. You only need one typically unless you are supersized maybe then you buy a couple ......I going with  Prosperi-Tees and the one color on white tee shirts. If that doesn't work I would go for fashion color or overall oil stains.
mooseman

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 11:22:27 AM »
already done. It's called the uni-cote.

Must be the best kept secret on the internet... google doesn't find it.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 11:34:25 AM »
What a difference a "k" makes  ;D Of course, whether this is the option that you go with is another question. This is not just another scoop coater.

http://www.mrprint.com/uploaded/pdf/Uni-Kote_EN_LTR.pdf
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?