Author Topic: Shop pics.....  (Read 20710 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Shop pics.....
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2013, 12:47:37 PM »
We got a little extra space ;D

If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2013, 06:21:02 PM »
Just means you have plenty of room for a few more autos when it's time.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2013, 09:03:20 PM »
Jealous. what a luxurious floor plan.

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2013, 10:50:34 AM »
One more

Revolver mode!  Watch out, people like Alan may start making fun of you :-).

Ahaha! Revolver? :-[....ok, guilty as charged, small quantity. In this case, quicker than messing around with dialing in registration on four vs. three screens. When I was done with that job it was back on to that Sportsman in the first picture, running a 40,000 piece order, and that I can assure you was not in revolver mode. ;D

Ok I have read this term on here several times now and I don't know what it means.....What is "revolver mode"? And why is it "bad"?

Nick

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2013, 12:51:42 PM »
I feel like a kid in disneyland when i see nice shops like that
keep up the good work team mate ;)
Gabe

Offline cvreeland

« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2013, 01:16:06 PM »
Get ready for growth! Any screen print shop will expand to take up all available space +10%. Murphy's law #362b.
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline JP

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2013, 02:32:40 PM »
My office is in the front of our space without a view of the shop, this is where cameras come in handy.

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2013, 03:19:48 PM »
Ok I have read this term on here several times now and I don't know what it means.....What is "revolver mode"? And why is it "bad"?

Nick

From the M&R website FAQ:

What is the "Revolver" Print Program?
M&R’s patented Revolver Print Program enables M&R press owners to get the most out of their presses by allowing the press to make multiple revolutions on a design that may require more print and flash stations than are available on the press. Revolver is especially helpful on 6 and 8-color presses. Revolver allows printing in every head while flash curing at the unload station. Even larger presses benefit from the Revolver program. For example, on a 12-color press running a 10-color job with two flash cures to handle specialty inks that must be flashed three times, the revolver can print 3 colors; flash; then print 4 colors and flash on the first revolution. On the second revolution, the press can print 2 more colors and flash before printing the final color.

Countless other scenarios are well within Revolver’s reach. 

It is bad because Alan's machine doesn't have it and he is extremely jealous. ;D No... but seriously, it is bad because it can be very time consuming running the press in that mode.
Dale Hoyal

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2013, 04:00:50 PM »
Revolver allows printing in every head while flash curing at the unload station.

Whoa!  I did not know revolver gave the option of flashing at the unload.  That is straight baller.  Not only could you get max colors on your press where needed but a single op could just hang back and pull some manual prints or grab and stack shirts while it's making it's second spin...or just stand there and sip beer.   

Also, yer press can switch from 6/8 to 7/8 without major effort, i.e. right now I'm looking at a 6/8 with a dedicated flash in head 2, (so it's basically a 7/8 with no choppers in head 2) and wondering if I'll ever be kicking myself without that unload station on certain jobs. 

I'm sure any press could do this flash in the unload routine by manually setting it up but how convenient to have it programmable. 

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
Shop pics.....
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2013, 02:28:59 PM »
I have been lurking at the TSB for a while now.  :)  Had nothing to offer but have learned a great deal. I am new to the screen printing world two years ago. Purchased a small shop. We have since replaced the Precision Oval with a new RPM. Along the way we remodeled our space which is in an old bakery. Any way here are the picts.

Matt
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:37:54 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2013, 02:34:54 PM »
Hello Matt,

Thanks for posting and jumping in. Glad to have you on board.

Pics 2,3,4,5 are all the same so I'll take all but one off and rotate the two.

When you take a pic sideway with your camera, it stays that way unless you rotate them in a program and re-save.
If you've got additional "different" pics, I'll do the same on those.

Thanks
Dan

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2013, 02:38:52 PM »
It's painful being new !!
I do have other picts so maybe I'll try to post them instead of 4 of the same!

Thanks Dan

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2013, 02:47:01 PM »
you came to the right place to share your pics
 welcome, please keep them coming
Gabe

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2013, 02:50:07 PM »
Ok so here is a couple of more that I had intended to post the first time around. Hopefully I rotated them and did this correctly.

Matt

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2013, 02:54:13 PM »
The view from my desk.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube