Author Topic: Shop pics.....  (Read 20565 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Shop pics.....
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 12:21:48 AM »
I have shop envy.  ::)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 10:03:35 AM »
Here is a few pics of our screen area. You can only see about one half the area it looks tight as hell in the pics but believe it or not it has more room than it seems. As you can see we have a wet area only, all ink and procedures are done in one area all finish stuff is in one area. The huge table is a must we use it to stack off the oven end and if they have to go back for a second location we slide them over.

Oh by the way i repiped the oven i was using the flexi pip temporarily till everything was set in place.

"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 10:30:21 AM »
Hey Inkman
Where is the Devil? He usually pops-up next to the blue/yellow press :@)

Nice place you got there, fix the pallets :) and keep going..........

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 12:56:26 PM »
Being the devil i assume he is inside the oven and only pops out for short periods but has to return to keep his flaming aura alive.
"No man is an island"

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »
WOW - these shops look REALLY GOOD!! I love to see creative minds doing this thing we call printing. All your layouts are very nice. Some shops are just SPOTLESS - AMAZING.

I'll get some pictures of our place and try to figure out how to post them.

Ron Pierson

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
I just found something. . .  this is the press corner. through the door is the warehouse and access to the exposure unit and washout area. The left side has a double door and a bunch of tables for staging. The dryer is going through the wall into the warehouse.

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 04:10:38 PM »
Inkman,

Which Vastex dryer is that? ECII 54?

How does it keep up with the auto? I have an ECII 30 and wondering if I will have to expand or replace it when the auto is going (by the end of this month I hope).

I'll put some pics up too in a few.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 04:48:49 PM »
The dryer is going through the wall into the warehouse.

Ah, another old dryer from American. It was a shame to lose them.
I run a Phoenix myself.

Your dryer going through the wall brings up memories of larger horizontal Cameras.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
Inkman,

Which Vastex dryer is that? ECII 54?

How does it keep up with the auto? I have an ECII 30 and wondering if I will have to expand or replace it when the auto is going (by the end of this month I hope).

I'll put some pics up too in a few.

Yep its the 54". We stack three wide on it if necessary to keep up, tho i think we topped it out at about 700pcs an hour on the new press. I think that is adequate for us rarely would we ever need to print faster than that. Other than that its a fantastic dryer for the price, tracking is perfect!
"No man is an island"

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 07:34:35 PM »
Man Nice Shops.

What are the cordless drills for?

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 09:35:39 PM »
I have a vortex mixer. I whip my high opacity white with prior to using it.  It makes it buttery smooth!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »
I have a vortex mixer. I whip my high opacity white with prior to using it.  It makes it buttery smooth!

I was told by on eof the ink manufacturers not to use a drill on the inks. His comment was the friction on molecular level causes the ink to start curing and thus becomes harder. He suggested mixing by hand.

For the most part, that makes sense, but some of the athletic gold (with bleed additive) is just so freakin' hard, that just use the drill.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline killergraphics

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2011, 09:42:25 PM »

I wish we were closer.

I want that flash.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »

I was told by on eof the ink manufacturers not to use a drill on the inks. His comment was the friction on molecular level causes the ink to start curing and thus becomes harder. He suggested mixing by hand.

For the most part, that makes sense, but some of the athletic gold (with bleed additive) is just so freakin' hard, that just use the drill.

pierre

My understanding was the problem would be the heat produced (from the friction), so keep it slow
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »
Yeap...  I keep it really slow.  I work it for about 5 minutes prior to using the ink.  My white was always so stiff it was a pain.... so bad I dreaded printing white!  Tomorrow I have 160 front and backs to do in all white and I am looking forward to it!