Author Topic: Heck of a deal...  (Read 4138 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
Re: Heck of a deal...
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »
That press was too complicated?  Good lord what a bunch of morons!!!  I was running that press faster than I could the centurian on the first day we had it.  Maybe the buttons weren't labeled :).
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 02:40:25 PM »
Sorry Alan even that wouldn't help. Those guys are pretty upside down from the top all the way down. Whats worse is that they don't know it.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 04:20:31 PM »
yeah, except it's 3 phase, over 100A for everything, you got that kind of power at the house?

Great point... Might have to knock down a wall.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 04:26:39 PM »
yeah, except it's 3 phase, over 100A for everything, you got that kind of power at the house?

Great point... Might have to knock down a wall.

Just go with a Lawson Tropper, that way your business suffers for your choice of space.  :D 

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 04:32:39 PM »
Digital scale dude.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »
Totally jealous.  That's a banging deal.  AC/servo?
They got another one?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »
yup, all electric.  They have some Freedoms they are looking to part with, but not right now.  Those are in great shape.

I also was talking to the electrician and he was baffled at why the 3 phase in our shop wasn't put on a sub panel and thus allowing us to use more power.  Looks like we have some work to do around here.  Also, some jackhole put our compressor on a 40a circuit when it uses 13a.  I am going to fix that while we have the him in, it's less than a 10ft run and I have enough wire to do it, just need a smaller breaker.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 04:45:34 PM »
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Northland

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »
yup, all electric.  They have some Freedoms they are looking to part with, but not right now.  Those are in great shape.

I also was talking to the electrician and he was baffled at why the 3 phase in our shop wasn't put on a sub panel and thus allowing us to use more power.  Looks like we have some work to do around here.  Also, some jackhole put our compressor on a 40a circuit when it uses 13a.  I am going to fix that while we have the him in, it's less than a 10ft run and I have enough wire to do it, just need a smaller breaker.

A quick lesson in using circuit breakers as motor circuit protection:
-- Many induction motors will draw up to six times their running current at "start".
-- To accommadate this high starting current an over-sized breaker or fuse is required.
-- It is allowable by the National Electric Code to use an inverse time circuit breaker (typical standard breaker) for short circuit & ground protection of the conductors feeding the motor... this breaker can be up to 300% of the motor rating. This breaker is not intended to serve as an overload protection device.... only short & ground protection of the conductors.
-- The overload (longtime) protection for both the motor and conductors is provided by a motor overload switch, which can be found in either the motor controller box -or- in the motor (thermally protected motor).
-- So, it may be appropriate to have a 40 amp breaker serving a 13 amp motor.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »
even with a capacitor start motor?

I'll ask the electrician, I figured it was because somebody misread the plate on the motor with the single phase option, which would require a 40A breaker.

Thanks!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »
edit: jealous to super effing jealous.  I too am holding out for a deal like that. 

Rock and/or roll man.