Author Topic: Vinyl letters and nbrs on a football Jersey. What should I be aware of?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com

Hello all,

I'm going to heat set some vinyl letters and numbers on a football Jersey. Anything I should know about heat setting these on that material so I don't ruin one before hand?

They want to wear Jersey's with the last name across the back and the 20 on one and 13 on the other. Front and Back for the numbers.

I could adhere the vinyl letters/numbers here.

What Co is better than the other for ordering a box of letters and numbers Stahls?

Kinda cute idea.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Vinyl letters and nbrs on a football Jersey. What should I be aware of?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:10:49 PM »
Pretty straight forward as long as they're not nylon. Then it's still straight forward, but with a special material.

Stahl's is the only die cut I have ever used, but for cad-cut, I went with thinner, more matte materials from Siser and Specialty Materials.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Ryan

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 09:11:12 AM »
if they are polyester Stahls Thermo film will be fine. If they are nylon (feel like polyester) thermo grip is what you will need. Put something inbetween the shirt if they are mesh. You don't want to stick the front to the back. If you are cutting your own name and the material is different make sure you know what the time/temp is and do the hotter longer T/T temp first then the lower temp second

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:32:14 AM »
There are the different materials for poly or nylon, the other consideration is the size of the holes of the mesh material.
Dale Hoyal