Computers and Software > RIPs

Wasatch Softrip and multi black

(1/2) > >>

Rockers:
I`m so new to working with Windows and now I have to install and set up Wasatch Softrip too. HEADACHES. Anyway is there a Multi-black set up option in Wasatch similar to the one in AccuRip that allows you print black dye ink from more then one cartridge?

JBLUE:
Wasatch prints from one only. Even when I was using Accurip I still only printed from one. It makes no real difference using all of them or one. The cool thing about Wasatch is I can add CMYK back into my other tanks and print with it or even add dye sub. It also controls multiple printers at the same time.I have had Wasatch for a little over a week now so I have not been able to play with it. I did not set it up though. Our supply rep did it all for me so I cant help with the installation. We also linearized it with a densitometer which also made a huge difference.

willy35:
Rockers after all this years, did you manage get multiblack ?

I have accurip with 7 blacn cardbridge, wonder if wasatch is the same.

Rockers:
Actually I gave up for one simple reason, there is really no point in using a multi black set up.

willy35:
I am only use to accurip, from my understanding multi black allow me to print faster @ lower resolution and still get a perfect black.
Perfect for standard and spot colors job.

Multi black maybe useless as for best halftone printing, the highest resolution of the printer is needed, hence 1 channel is enough.

I hope I didn't wrote something wrong  :)

I may get wasatch and use it for critical halftone job, and see if there is real improvment.

Thank you !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version