Author Topic: SGIA show in New Orleans, LA Oct. 19-21  (Read 8300 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: SGIA show in New Orleans, LA Oct. 19-21
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
The best show for textile printers in the States is the Impressions show in Long Beach in January. I have been doing just about every show for over 25 years and Long Beach Impression show beats them all by a huge margin. Booths at that show sell out every year and the attendance of most manufacturers is the highest in the industry. Might want to consider it.

While I'm sure of that, I have to say, New Orleans seems to be a great place to go for group gathering. PartyGra after all. :)
In addition to the regular reasons to attend a show. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.

I remember the days when a very large manufacturer would have a customer appreciation party after a show. He'd rent out some kind of historical landmark/museum in or near Yebor City or someplace near Tampa.  Those were a cool party's. Onlyreal good suppliers do that. ;)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
ISS in Long Beach is the shizzle fo sho! (that means it is a wonderful show)  ;D
I've been going to that show since before it was even in Long Beach... Sandy Eggo was my first ISS show in '89, I think it was...

But--- when SGIA hits New Orleans aka NAWLINS!!! or Las Vegas aka VEGAS BABY!!! I personally feel combining a trip to those destinations with a chance to check out some "work stuff", but more important, hangin' with pals in exciting locals... you guys get where this is going...right ???

If it was ISS in either of those places it would kick ass on a multiple of levels !!!

P.S. the Alpha parties at The Blue Cafe in Long Beach
a few years ago were the kind!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:50:32 PM by DraginInk »
Here we go ...again

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 09:17:20 AM »
The best show for textile printers in the States is the Impressions show in Long Beach in January. I have been doing just about every show for over 25 years and Long Beach Impression show beats them all by a huge margin. Booths at that show sell out every year and the attendance of most manufacturers is the highest in the industry. Might want to consider it.

While I'm sure of that, I have to say, New Orleans seems to be a great place to go for group gathering. PartyGra after all. :)
In addition to the regular reasons to attend a show. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.

I remember the days when a very large manufacturer would have a customer appreciation party after a show. He'd rent out some kind of historical landmark/museum in or near Yebor City or someplace near Tampa.  Those were a cool party's. Onlyreal good suppliers do that. ;)
Actually Rich used to rent out a ginormous paddle boat in New Orleans for preferred customers. Open bar and seafood buffet. It was quite awesome. Then we would go hit Bourbon Street of course. My understanding is that M&R took a pretty good hit when hurricane Katrina came to town and is reluctant to return.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 06:58:23 AM »
Yes we did loose a lot of money during Katrina. The SGAI during hurricane season is not a good idea in New Orleans. There have been three shows there that were disrupted due to weather and that was enough for me to say uncle.The next show for SGAI is usually Las Vegas and for us it's a better domestic and International show so we just do The one after New Orleans bigger and budget accordingly. Yea the paddle boat cruises were legendary. Never left dock with a open space!! Barely remember returning to dock! LOL!
Rich Hoffman

Offline vicb

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »
Let me know who's coming and I'll find us a restaurant. Nothing fancy, just good food and beer!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
I would like that bunches. I'm still up in the air on it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »
I'm thinking about making the drive to this show, I'm working on the wife pretty hard about it and I think she can handle the homefront for a few days while I'm gone.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »
well, I just booked my hotel and will be there!

Who else is coming????

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline cclaud3

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »
My wife and I will be coming in from Baton Rouge. Might be pulling the trigger on an Anatol Titan.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »
My wife and I will be coming in from Baton Rouge. Might be pulling the trigger on an Anatol Titan.

now that's a double whammy!!! New Orleans and a new auto!
Any interest in going to the party at the howlin wolf? we could all meet there.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »
Well I wasn't able to swing it.
How was SGIA in NAWLINS?
Here we go ...again

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 09:55:57 PM »
I enjoyed it, got to meet with many people I'd been hoping to meet up with. The fact that it is overly digital kind does take away from it, but it was still a great show.