screen printing > 4 Color and Simulated Process Printing

4 color process on a Navy blue shirt

(1/3) > >>

Screened Gear:
Ok I just sent a quote on 2500 navy shirts with 4 color process and 2 pantone colors on the back. I have done alot of process prints on white shirts. but only one on navy. I printed P/F/P/F the underbase to give the 4CP a nice white underbase. The problem is that the inks start mixing to much and the design looks bad. I had to clean the screens every 30 to 40 shirts. I know a few people on here have done this with good results. I will be doing it on a auto with 9 open print stations but only one flash. Please let me know how you would do it so it prints the best and with the least amount of times around the press.

squeegee:
Definitely use simulated process, not cmyk.  My .02

Screened Gear:
That’s what I was thinking also. They wanted 4 color process in the quote. If you had to do it 4 color process how would you do the underbase. I have done a sample of a underbased white 4color process but the under base is never bright enough to make all the colors pop on top.

mk162:
if the print looks great, why the crap would they care HOW it was done?  Most customers don't have a clue when it comes to how to print.  Tell them they can run a job however they want when they own the company.

Get Dan to sep it for you, his seps are spot on and always look great.

blue moon:

--- Quote from: mk162 on June 14, 2011, 12:13:47 AM ---if the print looks great, why the crap would they care HOW it was done?  Most customers don't have a clue when it comes to how to print.  Tell them they can run a job however they want when they own the company.

Get Dan to sep it for you, his seps are spot on and always look great.

--- End quote ---

I am going to second that for the most part. Talk to Dan and see what he says. If you really have to do it 4CP, look into the Union's triple strength process inks. 'no experience with them, but was told that is the way to go on darks . . .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version