Author Topic: registration blues  (Read 3815 times)

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
Re: registration blues
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »
always line your films up right after you print them out and that problem is caught right there. 
Darryl

Indeed a practice that should be done every time. I still do it with my imagesetter films as you never know. You could have accidentally nudged part of the art before running your films.
Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
I had a job that drove me nuts last summer. It turned out to be a slightly warped frame.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »
One thing Sweets did not mention that is important is when he notices the bad registration. If he registers by eye and all looks kosher perfect but then prints and one is out of reg a lot of times that is a press prob. If your registering and cannot by eye achieve correct line up its your film or screen.
"No man is an island"

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 10:12:30 PM »

Also we have gone to putting very little authority in our reg marks. We start with a film on the platten, tape it down, register the screen to it then add the second film over the first and register the screen to it and so on  using the marks as initial reference but using the image to image as the primary authority. We keep the films as placed on the pallet untill the job id all registered just in case we need to go back and check the bread crum trail of how we got to where we are.

We find reastically  this takes about 10 minutes on the high side per color using the clear tape over first color method. If we are exhausting more time than that there are mechanical issues in the films, screens press etc and refocus from there.

This is how I did it.. 15 years ago!

With all the tech we have today with home made to bought registration systems, there is no reason for a piece of film to leave a screen room and end up on a platen board and used to align screens.. just sayen...

10 minutes is really high nowaday.. even on my manual in the garage I'mm at 2-3 per color with my home made reg system.

I dig what you are saying but you big guys need to remember that us little guys print in a month what some of you print in a day. We are strictly manual. 90 % of what we print is two colors or less per image and I very seldom set up more than two or 3 jobs a day or print more than 3 days a week. You also have to realize that while some of you are on the way up some of us are on the way down. things like registration systems and stretching tables would not appreciably improve our product while at the same time require us to turn a bunch more product just to cover the technology.
I hear what you are saying but not all of us are here are ever going to or want to play in the pro leagues and If I have learned anything about printing and being here is we all do the same things in 1000 different ways...just saying and sharing a different perspective..............
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
Re: Re: registration blues
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 08:26:22 AM »

Also we have gone to putting very little authority in our reg marks. We start with a film on the platten, tape it down, register the screen to it then add the second film over the first and register the screen to it and so on  using the marks as initial reference but using the image to image as the primary authority. We keep the films as placed on the pallet untill the job id all registered just in case we need to go back and check the bread crum trail of how we got to where we are.

We find reastically  this takes about 10 minutes on the high side per color using the clear tape over first color method. If we are exhausting more time than that there are mechanical issues in the films, screens press etc and refocus from there.

This is how I did it.. 15 years ago!

With all the tech we have today with home made to bought registration systems, there is no reason for a piece of film to leave a screen room and end up on a platen board and used to align screens.. just sayen...

10 minutes is really high nowaday.. even on my manual in the garage I'mm at 2-3 per color with my home made reg system.

I dig what you are saying but you big guys need to remember that us little guys print in a month what some of you print in a day. We are strictly manual. 90 % of what we print is two colors or less per image and I very seldom set up more than two or 3 jobs a day or print more than 3 days a week. You also have to realize that while some of you are on the way up some of us are on the way down. things like registration systems and stretching tables would not appreciably improve our product while at the same time require us to turn a bunch more product just to cover the technology.
I hear what you are saying but not all of us are here are ever going to or want to play in the pro leagues and If I have learned anything about printing and being here is we all do the same things in 1000 different ways...just saying and sharing a different perspective..............

Yes this is me!

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 08:48:06 AM »
The issue was I could not get two of the five screens to register. It was not an issue of the screens moving out of registration once I started printing. Here is what I found one screen was warped or not flat (roller frame my bad) the other one looks like there was a film issue I could not line up the film to the others. I changed some things on how I align the screens to the films and will now verify all films match up before I burn them. All in all it was a good thing, it made me look at and improve (I hope) the way I do things

Sent  from samsung gem(the worst smart phone ever)
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com