Computers and Software > RIPs

accurip question

(1/2) > >>

shellyky:
Accurip--is there a way to limit the program from printing anything below a 5% dot by chance?  Lately photoshop has been showing me 0% black on my white areas, but it prints with a background of single digit dots.  I'll have to play with the levels and reprint it and hope it doesnt print anything that time.  It's odd.  So if i could limit that in the program somehow that woudl be great--wasting paper gets me to level 10 frustration. 

ebscreen:
Yeah, I effing hate that. In Photoshop I always try to remember to eyedrop the background of my
channels, in a large area if possible, to check for stray grey.

shellyky:
Yeah i can't quite find the cause of it--because it "says" i'm at 0%.  it took 3 tries to get it no dots this time...I may have narrowed it down to it coming in as 'grayscale' instead of 'multichannel' (when i delete all but 1 channel in separation studio and bring it in from there i get the dots i think)...but when i bring in all the channels and then delete them from photoshop, it seems OK. 

Ron Pierson:
Hi Guys (and girls)
I have 3 printers and accuRIP everywhere in the art dept. We run about 15 rolls of film a week. I think it is all about photoshop. Look to your background and see if it has a percentage in it. We use EPSON 4880 and 7880 with no issue. I think the EPSON's with lower product numbers will give you this kind of issue but I'm not sure about this.

ZooCity:
Out of PS set the color management to "no color management"

Unless you're running cs5 which looks to be bad news for printing seps out of...

http://www.softwareforscreenprinterstech.com/component/rsticketspro/view-article/24-acc-0704--accurip-prints-halftones-in-wrong-areas-from-photoshop-file

Lots of pretty decent articles in there by Charlie as well. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version