Author Topic: SRoque ECO Auto Install  (Read 6083 times)

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: SRoque ECO Auto Install
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 02:14:05 PM »
Looks like a sweet press for sure.  Seems like the huge sprocket would be a great idea, that much more area to spread the indexing forces over.

And actually, M&R IS using a chain drive indexing system--just not on a round press. 
Their oval Alpha 8 has a pretty beefy chain drive, IIRC a similar design independent of registration.

As far as wear with chain and registration, I don't see how it's likely to be much different than any other servo drive--it'd be truly amazing if they didn't have a way of calibrating where the beginning and end of the indexing motion is.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 02:27:06 PM »
I am sure the chain drive is not an issue. Like all of our presses the "drive" only turns the table to very close to the right position. Then there is either a registration fork or pin that makes the press dead on.

Great looking press. I would like to see a video of the display and how all the functions work on the XL model. I know the "YOU" I saw at the Vegas show this last year was a little lacking on functions. I can't live without my sample mode, clean mode and having all the adjustment on one screen like my E-type has. I guess is all about what your used to with autos.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »
As the chain stretches, it will cause the indexer to become more and more out of alignment with the registration. This will put more burden (and friction) on the registration system to move the indexer into postion.

Well hello Paul!!!!  Where the hell have you been for the past year?  Good to see you back.  Where are you nowadays?

I know I know.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Croft

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »
The chain is supposed to be replaced every 5 million cycles.
The fat one has NOTHING to do with these presses. He invited himself to their factory a few years ago to snap some pics.
I would have to say the chain drive here is a world of difference from the old school Precision Ovals. What were the chain lengths on those 20 -30 feet? This one is 2 feet tops, and is not responsible for ALL the breaking and locking either. There is a separate device for that. I feel very confident in the press and the company.
I have limited time this morning, but I will check back after the day.

How is the 5mil cycles calculated ? is it 5 mil. revolutions or 5 mil. indexes ( every 500k shirts on say a 8/10 press ?)  just interested.

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »
As the chain stretches, it will cause the indexer to become more and more out of alignment with the registration. This will put more burden (and friction) on the registration system to move the indexer into postion.
There he is!!  ;)
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!