Author Topic: need some advise.......future problems.  (Read 958 times)

Offline ag-graffix

need some advise.......future problems.
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:47 PM »
i have a small shop in a small town.  we print lots of specialty garments such as sports apparel and whatnot. i have been fighting with a batch of white ink that keeps giving me problems.  i think i have another brand which i have had no problems with.  i have some orders out that i anticipate future problems from, such as ink not holding up.  one being a sponsor job in which the customer paid for the raw cost for the jerseys.  printing labor done for free.   if these peices do not hold up i will be expected to pay and print new ones, i would think. what are statues on time frame for specialty garments, and what would be the best way to handle the situation should it arise?  it hasnt so far ,  but i would like to be prepared. i want customer service to be high, without being to over critical and going broke.

the ink problem was white triangle ink at 330 plus for at least 30 seconds on black hoodies.  6 ft chamber 24 inch belt.  not exceeding 360 but boiling (bubbly looking) ink only. hoodies were not burning. i heat pressed after the fact to lay the ink down...... any thoughts?

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
Re: need some advise.......future problems.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 05:41:09 AM »
I'd get different ink. Maybe you got a bad batch. We got a sample of Triangle's white ink in the shop in Daytona, and you could not get an ink knife in it. Maybe it sat in the UPS truck for a year, maybe just a bad batch. I've got a couple of quarts of color ink of theirs that I like very much, but I've never used their white. For that matter, any ink company can put out a crappy batch.
Print a sample with whatever white you're using and do a wash test. A couple of wash/dry cycles should tell you how it'll hold up. Make sure you're not cutting the ink too much with an unbalanced reducer like Union's Buildup Buster, too.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .