Author Topic: Magna Discharge Vs. CCI  (Read 1755 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Magna Discharge Vs. CCI
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:03:01 PM »
So far I cant get any of the Red shades I try with Magna, I am judging my discharge ink on the Reds that I can hit.  If I can get a good red, I feel like the rest is in the bag.  I bought both kits and have done extensive testing with both.  What I can say is the Reds I am getting with CCI, SMOKES Magna.  Not that it can't be done, but I havent figured it out.  Rob Coleman is coming to my shop on Tuesday hopefully to solve these problems.  Another observation is the concentrated power.  The Magna is SUPER strong compared to CCI.  Guess thats why CCIs kit gives you double the pigments at a lower cost.  I think CCIs base is way better, it doesnt stink and its creamy, the Magna is runny like water and stinks really bad.  (both are Formaldahyde products).  I like Magnas software for recipes, so I hope I can get it to work.  Guess I just need more trial and error time.  Anyone else have anything to add or similar issues?
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Magna Discharge Vs. CCI
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:36 PM »
Give Jantex a try.. http://www.jantexinks.com/inkindex.htm

we use over 100 gallons a week and the reds are the bomb when pigment loaded.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline patfinn

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:48:05 PM »
 I have tried most. Can't speak towards magna colors. But I believe it's a pigment/base system, if I'm correct
 in my opinion I think sericol has the best colors around plus it's a rfu system. and i think has the strongest red you can get right out of the bucket.
Give it a try as well if your looking to try a bunch
Patrick Lashbrook
M&R Sales and Service
Technical Sales Associate
patrick.lashbrook@mrprint.com

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 12:39:29 AM »
x2 straight out of the bucket sericol red is about as red as it gets.
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 09:28:25 AM »
I have sericol already and I like it.  But they are super proud of it.  Also the rfu is great, but mixing with them hasnt been that great.  There colors cost as much as plastisol, and u still have the waste.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender