Author Topic: Shurloc squeegee clean  (Read 12500 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Shurloc squeegee clean
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 09:47:06 PM »
it could also be made from black pipe or copper if you can dig up the right fittings.

Mine actually works fine, it would work fine in a higher production shop.  There are zero moving parts other than a parts washer pump.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 11:51:22 PM »
it could also be made from black pipe or copper if you can dig up the right fittings.

Mine actually works fine, it would work fine in a higher production shop.  There are zero moving parts other than a parts washer pump.

The guys here can't get water to go down the drain some days  ;D

I prefer your design because it doesn't have moving parts. I'm just thinking about our chemical and what broom heads would work.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 08:07:10 AM »
i would be careful with chems that are too harsh, it will jack up your squeegee blades.  This is why mineral spirits isn't the best.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 08:29:54 AM »
Funny....no one has taken up my offer for a free used Blade Runner. Can't find the pic right now I posted it before but it is hilarious.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »
We're waiting for you to do a video of it in action.   ;)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 01:16:29 PM »
This squeegee clean devise looks very neat. His anyone here tried it already. Even though $600 is a lot of cash for that beauty. Might give it a try and build one myself.
http://youtu.be/sGtw56b3il0

How long would it take before the solution in the Machine is so full of ink making it worthless. I clean mine manually with a card then 2 sprays of cleaner and one shop towel. If I had this I would guess I would still need to card as much ink off as I can first to save the chemical. Then attach the flood or squeegee to the "machine" run it through the "machine" and then since the chemicals has old ink in it I would have to use a shop towel to wipe the chemical off. So this $600 machine just saved me what?

I am really asking? Can we see a video of 10 to 20 squeegees cleaned in a row?

If this product does not save time over doing it manually it is a fail, time is money. If its easier to use but takes longer then its still a fail, time is money.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:27:59 PM by Jon »

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 01:18:40 PM »
Well said. Thats how we got duped into $800 for the Blade Runner

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
i would be careful with chems that are too harsh, it will jack up your squeegee blades.  This is why mineral spirits isn't the best.

Were using a private label of image technology's SC5050 ink cleaner. Best darn stuff I've ever used, just don't use it on roller frame tapes as it turns any adhesive into mush.

Hey tony.. you can keep that blade runner  ;D
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »
..HA! Check this out, it kinda has the same video style as "Thats Incredible"!!

Serilor Blade Runner

...what was it that sucks so bad about this thing, Tony? Ill be up Chucktown way soon, maybe I can stop in and take it offaya hands and tinker around with it, as well as shake hands and meet the screenprinting authority himself!!... 8)
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 02:16:51 PM »
It was awful. Sprayed crap everywhere and you had to finish it off by hand so whats the point. You're welcome to come by just give a days notice

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 04:33:01 PM »
That promo video made it look badass!  Shame it didn't work.

Offline shurloc

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 07:00:09 PM »
This squeegee clean devise looks very neat. His anyone here tried it already. Even though $600 is a lot of cash for that beauty. Might give it a try and build one myself.

How long would it take before the solution in the Machine is so full of ink making it worthless. I clean mine manually with a card then 2 sprays of cleaner and one shop towel. If I had this I would guess I would still need to card as much ink off as I can first to save the chemical. Then attach the flood or squeegee to the "machine" run it through the "machine" and then since the chemicals has old ink in it I would have to use a shop towel to wipe the chemical off. So this $600 machine just saved me what?

If this product does not save time over doing it manually it is a fail, time is money. If its easier to use but takes longer then its still a fail, time is money.

We would love to see someone do 20-30 squeegees in a row with one... Maybe we should have a contest with it? We did do a full shoot down at a shop near us, and they did 26 squeegees in about 15 minutes... The bosses shot the videos on a cellphone and didn't do a continuous shoot because her battery wasn't playing nicely, but the speed is defintely there and there is no mess with the custom brush configuration and speed. The quick advantages that I can tell you over non-moving brushes:

1) Circulating brushes keep the grime from building up on them. This also circulates the chemicals in the container keeping them properly mixed at all times. There is no settling or weakening of the chemical mixture.

2) The custom brushes rotate opposite the direction of the splash, meaning less spray and no mess outside the container.

3) The extra high brush system reaches the entire squeegee area and cleans the tops, bottoms and edges of any sized squeegee. If you use oversized manual squeegees, a simple flip to the top of the squeegee will clean the entire handle.

4) The chemical mix we have tested works on pre-scraped or completely caked squeegees without any issues of build up or loss of effective cleaning ability.

5) There is no electricity needed to run the Squeegee Clean - no pumps, filters, fittings to change.

6) Custom brushes are made from a durable, yet soft bristle configuration which will scrub, but not scratch your blades.

7) Works on just about any ink coated items including: squeegees, spatulas and even frames.

And the list could go on and on, but I'll give it up at those few points. The fact is, yes, you can do the DIY style cleaner, but the Squeegee Clean is backed by a company that is here to answer questions, stand by our products and is always a phone call away.

As far as overseas discounts, we would love to get a quote to you - so please email us from our site - or email me directly ron - @ - shurloc.com

Also, I will see if we can sneak back into one of our beta test shops to do a 30 squeegee video straight through and show you how fast and clean the cleaner is. Of course, if you want to take a stab with one, we stand by our try it out system on this one. Give it a shot and if you aren't thrilled call me and we will get you fixed up.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:37 PM »

We would love to see someone do 20-30 squeegees in a row with one... Maybe we should have a contest with it? We did do a full shoot down at a shop near us, and they did 26 squeegees in about 15 minutes... The bosses shot the videos on a cellphone and didn't do a continuous shoot because her battery wasn't playing nicely, but the speed is defintely there and there is no mess with the custom brush configuration and speed. The quick advantages that I can tell you over non-moving brushes:

1) Circulating brushes keep the grime from building up on them. This also circulates the chemicals in the container keeping them properly mixed at all times. There is no settling or weakening of the chemical mixture.

2) The custom brushes rotate opposite the direction of the splash, meaning less spray and no mess outside the container.

3) The extra high brush system reaches the entire squeegee area and cleans the tops, bottoms and edges of any sized squeegee. If you use oversized manual squeegees, a simple flip to the top of the squeegee will clean the entire handle.

4) The chemical mix we have tested works on pre-scraped or completely caked squeegees without any issues of build up or loss of effective cleaning ability.

5) There is no electricity needed to run the Squeegee Clean - no pumps, filters, fittings to change.

6) Custom brushes are made from a durable, yet soft bristle configuration which will scrub, but not scratch your blades.

7) Works on just about any ink coated items including: squeegees, spatulas and even frames.

And the list could go on and on, but I'll give it up at those few points. The fact is, yes, you can do the DIY style cleaner, but the Squeegee Clean is backed by a company that is here to answer questions, stand by our products and is always a phone call away.

As far as overseas discounts, we would love to get a quote to you - so please email us from our site - or email me directly ron - @ - shurloc.com

Also, I will see if we can sneak back into one of our beta test shops to do a 30 squeegee video straight through and show you how fast and clean the cleaner is. Of course, if you want to take a stab with one, we stand by our try it out system on this one. Give it a shot and if you aren't thrilled call me and we will get you fixed up.

I have emailed now twice in the last 10 days and did not get any reply. Thought maybe because I`ve mentioned we might try to build something similar ourselves. Anyway, I`m still up for a quote and I`m sure that thing would sell well over here in Japan. I might even be able to hook you up with distributers if you guys are interested.

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »
...Are the brushes replaceable, and if so whats the cost of replacement brushes?

...I would also like to know about the chemstry used in the unit, and the inks systems compatible with it.

...Thanks!!
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline shurloc

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 06:50:48 PM »
@Rockers - I did receive your first email with the address, and we are still trying to look into shipping options. The bosses have been out for a week plus now so I haven't been able to discuss it in full with them. The $300 price point probably isn't going to happen with it as it wouldn't even cover our costs of putting the components in there, but we will see what we can do. As far as distribution goes, if you think the $600 price tag is too much, wait till you see distributors wanting to charge $1000 for it. I will try my best to get them nailed down on a price and shipping to Japan for you ASAP though.

@Mr Tees - Yes, the brushes can be replaced, but our testing facilities have had zero need to do so. You would simply pull the gearing and release the shaft from the unit. Pull the old brushes out, put the new ones in and replace the shaft. The process would only take about 10 minutes to complete, but it shouldn't be needed. As far as the chemicals go, we have a few options for people based on inks being used. The people at Saati-Chem and EasiWay have been awesome in helping out with the process. If you have particular questions on it, feel free to give Jim a call later this week.
Online at: www.shurloc.com - Like Us On Facebook: shurloc.com/Facebook - How To Videos: shurloc.com/YouTube - Follow Us For Updates: shurloc.com/Twitter