Author Topic: Time to shut it down  (Read 9870 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Time to shut it down
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »
Huge storm on the way, everybody's going to die!!!!!!! OK, maybe that's a bit much, but... Sam, Mike, Shane and the rest of us up here in the NE, leave early. Back in '78 a few of us got stuck out there (not me).

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
Re: Time to shut it down
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »
Steve...we are leaving at 2pm today...but I will be snowplowing....fun fun...gotta keep it moving along...but it will be good....not too bad here as of 12:30 but they said it will be bad starting 6-7 tonight with 3-5 inches an hour falling...damn that is a lot

sam

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 12:39:24 PM »
Just got home myself. Have everything all charged up and ready, took the crisper out of the fridge filled it with water and placed it outside, if power goes out I will have a block of ice to put in the fridge.

Been snowing since I got up maybe five inches accumulated so far and the storm is not even here yet. Predicting two feet for us but Steve and Sam looks like you guys may get 30 or more inches yikes .

Stay safe everyone stay off the roads anyways. Unless your Sam and need to plow.
"No man is an island"

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »
I gotta keep up on it..I only have a 6 foot plow on a Jeep Wrangler...it does good...but anything over 6 inches it gets hard to push....so I will be in and out all day/night...

Like Mike, Jill has everything set at the house so I can stop in and get drink and food...then I hope tomorrow we can just hang out.....

stay safe my friends..

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »
I'm in albany ny...a dusting right now....roads clear...

I thought the newscasters were going to start naming snowstorms?

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »
Huge storm on the way, everybody's going to die!!!!!!! OK, maybe that's a bit much, but... Sam, Mike, Shane and the rest of us up here in the NE, leave early. Back in '78 a few of us got stuck out there (not me).

Steve

unfortunately i dont remember the blizzard of '78 - i was one year old!

i walk to work - and have my snow boots, carhartt jacket, thermals, gloves and mittens. 

i just back from my lunch break - took some pics of the snow falling...  its cold and windy...  not much accumulation yet - maybe an inch?  forecast shows 24" by tomorrow afternoon.

i dont think we are getting out early, ship commits - 13,000 prints on the schedule.  they did cancel the overtime shift tonight and tomorrow.  it should make for an interesting monday.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 12:47:27 PM »
Good luck guys!!!

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 12:53:03 PM »
Zelko

UPS and FEDEX are not doing any pick ups...our Driver picked up what we had but told me it will stay at the local dist place until Monday...kinda nuts...

sam

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 12:54:53 PM »
wow, good luck guys, it will be 65 and sunny here tomorrow.  I will be playing tennis, or swimming(indoor).

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »
Dig in guys and think warm!

...Says the guy in the desert.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 01:02:15 PM »
Zelko

UPS and FEDEX are not doing any pick ups...our Driver picked up what we had but told me it will stay at the local dist place until Monday...kinda nuts...

sam

i just got an email from the shipping dept - similar to what you just said.  early pickups for both UPS and FedEx. 

we have been working 10hr days for two weeks and on saturdays.  busy busy busy... 

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:03:28 PM »
I gotta keep up on it..I only have a 6 foot plow on a Jeep Wrangler...it does good...but anything over 6 inches it gets hard to push....so I will be in and out all day/night...

Like Mike, Jill has everything set at the house so I can stop in and get drink and food...then I hope tomorrow we can just hang out.....

stay safe my friends..

I have a wrangler always wondered if it could plow, but afraid of burning the tranny. But sounds like you are doing it  successfully. I did a crap load of plowing in the day working for the cemetery, in the winter I used to take the back hoe to business across the city and dig out parking lots for some big bucks, my percentage after the cemeteries was like 100$ per parking lot.
"No man is an island"

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »
A buddy just texted us from the south just to give us a dig. It's OK, I was born here. When I was a kid (50's and 60's) we couldn't even be sure they'd cancel school. Now they cancel 2 days early. No UPS or FedEx pickups here either. Ah well, going home, hunker down and wait for the 1st snowblowing shift, somewhere around a foot usually.

Grumpy old guy...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
snowing like a mo fo right now here in buffalo. . I'm going snowshoeing tonight so I say bring it on son! we are working all day, no reason to call it quits yet, I can still see my car outside.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 01:15:49 PM »
Our So called Governor just declared a State of Emergency...no one on the roads after 4pm...well dude unless you want to freaking plow my lot and home I am going to be out and about...too bad for you...