Author Topic: Looking to buy a Machine- Should I be careful?  (Read 3155 times)

Offline jmelendez

Looking to buy a Machine- Should I be careful?
« on: February 18, 2013, 10:47:06 PM »
Hi Everyone,
   A friend told me about this and I have a question. Our shop is currently looking to upgrade from our GT-541 brother to either a Anajet M5 or the new brother graffitee. Does anyone currently own the Anajet or does anyone have any suggestions for us?
Thanks in advance
Javi  :)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Looking to buy a Machine- Should I be careful?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 09:20:07 AM »
The Anajet is a definite step down.  If you are looking for something other than Brother then I would suggest the Neoflex.  With this machine you can print on anything from shirts to cookies to ceramic tile for about $30k
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline jmelendez

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 01:31:33 PM »
Thank you for the info

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »
Personally, I would stay with Brother.  The 782 never really did it for me, it was too big and too expensive.  The GT3 series is a smart move on their part.

The best thing about Brother is their reliability.  The worst part is the ink cost.

I would also recommend getting a Viper pretreat machine.  Avoid the lawson that Brother is pushing.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »
Personally, I would stay with Brother.

That was the first thing that came to mind for me too.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline jmelendez

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
Well thank you everyone for all the information. This has really been informative. Now if I was to go with the brother does anyone know of any issues with the brother?. Just trying to make sure I do my homework before we pull the trigger. Thanks everyone!
Javi  8)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 04:50:24 PM »
the gt3's are still pretty new.  i would talk to some 782 owners and see what they say.

brother is VERY careful about bringing products to market when they are ready, not when they think they can make a buck.

Offline brother

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »
The Brother™ GraffiTee® is a great option. It will allow you to expand your product offerings and can print both CMYK and white simultaneously. You will be able to easily create a design to show potential customers at very little cost (something you cannot do with a screen printer). You can also save designs for easy re-printing. The GraffiTee® also features the ability to load designs straight from a USB memory stick and has a simple user interface. To see more, visit
http://www.brother-usa.com/lp/graffitee/

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 10:18:30 AM »
I know Anajet owners that are "content" with their machines. I have a NeoFlex and it is nice, but you DO need to babby it. I have never heard anyone complain about their Brother or say they wish they they got a different machine....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 10:37:54 AM »
Speak with Gary or Laura at Island Tees Brooksville Florida. They have a 782, they went from the original Brother to the big one. They have had it for a few years now I believe and love it. We have had DTG work from them before and the printing is very nice, and very durable. He told me they even do high quantity runs with it, they also use the Viper Pre-treat machine there.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 10:55:20 AM »
Hi Everyone,
   A friend told me about this and I have a question. Our shop is currently looking to upgrade from our GT-541 brother to either a Anajet M5 or the new brother graffitee. Does anyone currently own the Anajet or does anyone have any suggestions for us?
Thanks in advance
Javi  :)
yes

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 10:55:41 AM »
I've been doing research also.  Anajet seemed to release there mp5 to early.  I've heard the latest updates have fixed most of the problems. 
One thing to look at is used market.  There are a lot more Anajets for sale than there are Brothers.  In the DTG market that usually means people get rid of there headaches.
If money wasn't a problem I'd probably go with Brother.