Author Topic: DCUB Halftones  (Read 2412 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
DCUB Halftones
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »
55 line on 305 mesh, all screens, including the percentage halftone DCUB. Six colors plastisol on top. Probably would have been a titch nicer if it was straight DC all the way. Very, vvery soft though.
Also low res file given.

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: DCUB Halftones
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 01:35:02 AM »
Hey Guys,
Here are a few as well. Some reprints and two new ones. One of the new ones was a rush firefighter event from last week. Really bad art (low res) but we pulled it off. Clear discharge underbase, all wow one stroke on top. On the close up note the blue, white, and red all side by side with no problems. Starting to go the route of all clear discharge underbase as well whenever we have to print plastisol. And we are switching to no reg marks. Hopefully our ink costs will drop as Tony's did. That is the goal, and the same for better prints with less hand when plastisol is involved!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 02:04:30 AM »
Nice work you all.

2 questions:
  • How improved is WOW on DC UB v. on plastisol UB?  Does a "half flash" improve it?  We do good with WOW but not as good over a plastisol UB.That blue/red in Brandons pic is impressively crisp.
  • Since the DC UB is basically converting the UB area to a white/light shirt, does fibriliation now become an issue?

OK, three questions,  can't help myself - how does plastisol over DCUB compare to opaque waterbased over DCUB, if anyone has tried that?[/list]

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 03:13:43 AM »
No I don't have a densitometer but my eye tells me less dot gain and smoother halftone transition. Since we are no longer printing on plastic, we see better and of course softer results. Conversely, vector prints are sharper and crisper. Not doing the opaque WB just yet or the HSAs or silicones. Don't really have a market for those. They are also expensive and, last I tried dried in the screen if you blinked even with the retarders and additives.
We will be playing with some other interesting products later this week.

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
Nice work you all.

2 questions:
  • How improved is WOW on DC UB v. on plastisol UB?  Does a "half flash" improve it?  We do good with WOW but not as good over a plastisol UB.That blue/red in Brandons pic is impressively crisp.
  • Since the DC UB is basically converting the UB area to a white/light shirt, does fibriliation now become an issue?

OK, three questions,  can't help myself - how does plastisol over DCUB compare to opaque waterbased over DCUB, if anyone has tried that?[/list]

1. I think it is a better print and the guys think it is easier to set up and run. With better results. And it is on both accounts. No need for a "smoothing" screen if you use those.
2. We have not noticed that and hopefully we will not.
3. We have done wb over the clear discharge and it is fine but only if we are staying on the same brand through the entire run. Otherwise if we are doing hoodies from A, shirts from B, and tanks from C we will do clear discharge with plastisol on top. Not worth the time with all the potential problems.

Online brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »
Of course I forgot to mention if we have the option to just run discharge on the entire design (everything is the same brand, color, all that) we will. So need for plastisol if that is the case

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 07:00:12 PM »
this guy does great DCUBes.  :D :D :D

Waterbase Discharge Underbase screen printing in Mesa Arizona

Offline Admiral

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 01:13:34 AM »
I wish I had a faster press, that would help quite a bit with waterbase / discharge.

on a 1600 piece run the last 50 were given me problems with one of the screens clogging up, no idea why, but I had to wipe it 3 times.  Was a gold waterbase mix. 150S mesh.

With a discharge underbase I like how easy(takes less pressure, ink is more on top of the shirt) and trouble free the printing goes vs plastisol base too.