Author Topic: WFX Epic PCs...  (Read 1479 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
WFX Epic PCs...
« on: February 27, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »
...should be stocked in quarts you dinguses.

And by dinguses I'm referring to every WFX dealer anywhere near me except for Parmele Process Supply whom will now be getting the bulk of our WFX purchases.

PC = pigment concentrate, yes concentrate.  Only the largest op's would stock gallons of all those. At the current pricing, gallons of all the PCs would be thousands in PCs on the shelf and that's just silly, shops could spend that money elsewhere to improve their operations and simply buy the ink they need when they need it.

And, seriously, you can't be bothered to stir a gallon, pour it into four vapor locks, slap labels on it and make another 30% by selling a quart???

Kudos to PSP for understanding the idiocy of this and offering quarts of PCs.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: WFX Epic PCs...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 04:26:53 PM »
When I bought the quart starter kit the pigments came in pints, except the white which was a quart, so
they do exist.

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
Midwest sells quarts, but the price is more like a quarter of the gallon plus %50.

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 06:20:57 PM »
This is something we (Nazdar) need to address.  I agree.

I will say however that repacking adds a WHOLE new variable that many people do not think of --- liability.  With all the inks being NON-PHTHALATE, once you crack that lid as a distributor, the ENTIRE exposure falls to you.  In other words, what if there was a phthalate contamination (can happen folks, every one is human!) at the manufacturer.  Once a distributor repacks, they assume all liability.  Not a manufacturer's attorney in the world will let the manufacturer assume liability for a bucket that has been repacked outside their facility. 

Just a thought!

Thanks for the feedback on the quart sizes.  Will definitely look into this.

Regards,
Rob
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »
They are available in pints,part of the starter kit, and as well in quater gallons. At least where I`m located.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:28:34 PM »
Midwest sells quarts, but the price is more like a quarter of the gallon plus %50.

Midwest can suck it as far as I'm concerned.  I caught them trying to hose us with above MSRP pricing twice and that was enough.

They do exist, our PC set came with mostly quarts and I have purchased quarts from GSG for quite some time. 

Rob, I would definitely look into offering this as I have literally one option in the West for quarts.  Two would be nice! And I get ya on the liability thing.  It looks like we'll soon be at the point where screen inks will all be phthalate-free by default though.

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »
Just out of curiosity what was the above msrp stuff? I am sort of stuck for local distributors, but I try to look up the pricing on everything I buy from them and generally they come out the same at the worst. Shipping kills pretty much any deal I would be getting by buying 'cheaper' from further away. There are also things that I get at a pretty good discount compared to my alternatives, like I pay less then half for my sticker vinyl than I would from any other source.

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 11:34:32 AM »
As far as MSRP -- many distributors have online stores.  For Wilflex, you could check Nazdar SourceOne; Graphic Solutions, etc.  Look at a few and you can get a pretty good idea.

Regards, Rob
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
They did it with Newman items and even told me that I had to buy minimums that were far higher than Newman had direct.

I just feel icky buying anything from them so I don't.