Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 560068 times)

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2370 on: March 11, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
ClevePrint,

Just ok?   Those look fantastic!  Love that.

thanks!

Offline SERJ

« Reply #2371 on: March 15, 2016, 09:22:39 AM »
Six paints, water base

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2372 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »
Three colors,Magnaprint HB Opaque

Dinamo?

Offline SERJ

« Reply #2373 on: March 15, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
Yes, the fan club Dinamo Moskow

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2374 on: March 23, 2016, 07:42:38 PM »
Here is one from today. 8 colors including the underbase.  It maxed our 10 color out. 
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline UnderPressureSP

« Reply #2375 on: March 23, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »
My latest print on gobstopper foil.  4 colors.  3 florescent inks and TW black ink.   Print is 31x22.  Print is for Head For the Hills Fest this weekend.  Art by me. 

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2376 on: March 23, 2016, 08:56:54 PM »
Anyone got an advil?  NOW I have a headache  ;)

Artwork looks really good, just too busy for these old eyes, lol.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:36:35 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #2377 on: March 24, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »
New one we sampled today.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2378 on: March 24, 2016, 06:51:10 PM »
Elite, what lpi/angle? The blending to me looks fantastic, really really good!

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline AntonySharples

« Reply #2379 on: March 24, 2016, 06:53:24 PM »
Thanks Danny!  65 lpi, 22.5.  We're getting better!  Plus we got a killer artist now.

Offline Lizard

« Reply #2380 on: March 25, 2016, 06:17:12 AM »
Nice work there Elite.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2381 on: April 07, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »
Nothing spectacular here but it looks like we will print more simulated this year than ever.  We've already passed the total amount of this type of work then last year. 

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2382 on: April 07, 2016, 10:45:13 PM »
That looks really really nice.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2383 on: April 08, 2016, 09:22:16 AM »
Thank you much.  I'll get a chance it looks like this year to really brush up on some simulated process skills.  Every shirt from this customer so far have been pictures of paintings that she has done.  The only thing I really don't like about them so far is that 1st they are on comfort colors and 2nd is that they all require a large underbase area.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2384 on: April 08, 2016, 01:33:55 PM »
Definitely not as cool as 99% of what gets posted here but we've seen a drop in process type prints the last year or so and a large increase in simple spot color work.  These are rather boring but they are all one-hit whites, and the ones with red and yellow ink were also one-hits (no underbase used).

These are just cutouts of test print material so ignore some of the random ink splatter and regi marks.  We try to keep test prints on many jobs in case we need to repeat a job and forgot to write down the inks we used or maybe we ran out of the ink we used and need to match the print.  Jobs that are straight black or white we don't keep but it comes in handy to find old test prints when a problem arises.

This pic shows how I test and analyze different inks or white mixes.  I usually set up a screen on the auto and have the inks I want to test ready to go.  This particular test was for a white ink with 25% base mixed in against the regular white with no additive.  I don't necessarily keep the settings the same when testing something like opacity because the inks perform differently at different pressures and speeds.  It doesn't do much good to test 2 white inks against each other if you keep the settings the same because one ink might sing through the mesh at 30"/sec while the other one won't print past 15"/sec.  A particular ink will appear much more opaque if it will print at higher speeds but if you only tested it at slower speeds where the other ink is relegated to then you're missing out on what an ink can really do.

We try really hard to make our ink deposits as thin as possible, especially on white ink and the use of thin thread mesh makes that possible.  Even though we might be using what is considered a low mesh count, due to thread thickness we're able to print so much faster and with lighter pressure so what may seem way too low to many really doesn't work that way in the real world.  We certainly don't use 110/81's but we use mesh counts that most shops wouldn't ever consider and in my opinion they are missing out.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.