Author Topic: Wings..........not the spicy kind  (Read 4856 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Wings..........not the spicy kind
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »
Well the brazing idea sounds cool be seriously the rivets are not hard to clean at all. Especially with a pressure washer.
"No man is an island"

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 03:01:13 AM »
Has anyone looked into having a machine shop just make winged flood bars? I know my MHM ones are super easy. You just need the profile cut (laser or waterjet) and then 2 bends for the shape and then 2 bends for the wings. If we all got together we could have a shop do all of ours at the same time and get them cheap. Maybe I will just take pre orders and get a bunch of MHM ones made.

Would this be breaking copyright or any ones patent.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:50:45 PM by Screened Gear »

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »
Here is what I had make for our shop.  They are attached by vise grips on to the flood bars.

Quality over Quantity

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2011, 04:47:09 PM »
I'm trying to conquer floodbar issues too.
I'm reluctant to set my floodbar to give me a hard flood, for fear of roughing up the mesh.

So, I've ordered a Newman Hydra floodbar (from Calibrated's site).
It looks as if it has a much smoother edge to give a hard flood.
Bottom of the linked page.
http://www.stretchdevices.com/squeegees-and-floodbars

It could be modified... ala Inkmans mock-up to give a winged edge too.
Any Hydra users out there??

I find these really interesting. Let me know how they work out for you. Why did you choose the hydra over the vector?

I find it weird that 90% of shops swear by Newman roller frames, but you almost never hear mention of their other items (squeegees, flood bars, pin reg). Anyone have any idea why that is?

Offline shellyky

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »
as far as cleaning, somebody needs to make a floodbar condom type thing, a quick removable color change device of some kind so we don't need to buy 20 flood bars.

what an awesome idea-- if you could have some sort of disposable system for squeegies and floodbars that would be crazy.  Maybe like the 'protective edge' that comes on there when you get them new, something like that goes on overtop a plastic or rubber stretchy shield.  the 'disposable cap' woudl keep it in place and keep the smooth edge. toss the edge, peel off the plastic/rubber, like new.

LOL ok im off my invention rant