Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 3499 times)

Offline EmbellishAthletics

• Verified/Junior
Introduction
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:44:33 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I have been absorbing information and following threads here when time permits.  I wanted to introduce myself and thank everyone for all the information sharing that you do.  I hope to start contributing to threads.

We are a small/medium shop here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and have been at it since 2008.  We have a retail store front and also a separate warehouse/industrial space for our printing equipment.  Currently we have a Sportsman 10/8, Mini-Sprint (actually being delivered on Friday), OYO Goblin DTS and Newman Rollers.

We also have embroidery machines along with Chenille (letter jacket patches....somewhat unique).  We do all of our work in house with the exception of sourcing some promotional products. 

Our screen printing business is growing and we are trying to keep up although we still have a lot to learn.

Thanks
 Bret
www.embellishathletics.com

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
Howdy Bret, glad you found us, and we're looking forward to your contributions
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »
I know many of us would love to see any kind of info we could get on the OYO Goblin.  There is some recent info coming out about some of the DTS machines but absolutely nothing from the OYO Goblin or Diablo.  I've only heard of one local shop trying an OYO DTS, not sure if it was the Goblin or Diablo and it wasn't a success but things happen and maybe they've got it right now.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 06:59:35 PM »
I will be glad to start a thread and give my experiences with the Goblin. In general we have been happy with it.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:34:08 PM »
Welcome!!!

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 08:43:51 PM »
Welcome Bret. 8)
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »
Welcome Bret! I am a Cowboys fan by marriage. My sons are huge Cowboy fans
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline bannerbuzz

• Make it Visible
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 02:25:48 AM »
Welcome Bret,

we are also providing banner printing services based on South Carolina..
My self Nishant Shah & I would love to discuss on vinyl banners and banner printing topics.

Offline Spreading Ink

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 02:39:08 AM »
Welcome Brett!
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 09:39:47 AM »
Welcome Bret,

we are also providing banner printing services based on South Carolina..

Wow, the shipping from Mumbai must be crazy high!  :o
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 11:41:48 AM »
Hi Brett!
always nice to have more TX shops on the board!

I like Alan would love to hear more about the OYO Goblin as well!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »
Hi Brett!
always nice to have more TX shops on the board!

I like Alan would love to hear more about the OYO Goblin as well!

Thanks.  I did write up a fairly detailed post about our experience with the Goblin.  Not sure what section I put it in but you can do a search and it should come up.  If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask as we will try our best to answer them.

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 01:04:48 PM »

Offline RisingSunGraphics

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 08:33:53 AM »
Welcome Bret!

My experience with OYO has been a pretty good one.

I haven't worked with the Goblin but used to throw all my seps to a Diablo at my old shop and I can tell you it's incredibly awesome!  No more messing with films or anything like that.  We did have a few problems though, but I think most of them could be chalked up to the learning curve.

At times, the ribbon wouldn't stick to the screens and at others, it would stick too much but once that was taken care of, it worked like a charm.  The dot it can hold is just as good as film as well and if your screen guy is good, you can hold all the way down to a 1% dot.  It's sick!

Another problem we encountered was the head getting damaged twice.  If you damage the head on it, it will leave a stripe all the way down the screen and you will have to replace it and those things are incredibly expensive.  Again, this is on the Diablo so I can't speak directly for the Goblin but I would imagine it's in the same ballpark.

The only other issue we had was the communication with the machine.  Sometimes, I would tell it to print but the machine would be offline (for no apparent reason) but wouldn't get a warning on my comp that it wasn't printing.  I'm going to chalk that up to our less than stellar IT guy but it could have been a mixture of both his services and something to do with the OYO communications protocol.

Either way, from an artist's standpoint, I loved that thing.  Not only because it got me away from the damn Epson 7600, but also because it was so efficient in what it did.  Every dot I wanted to see showed up and I didn't have to output film.  I'm never going to complain about that. ;)