Author Topic: All you Aquasol HV people...  (Read 4851 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Re: All you Aquasol HV people...
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »
Well, we have been exposing the WR25 for about 8 minutes (1/1 round edge) (1000 watt - nuarc 40-1KS metal halide); letting dry; post expose outside or under the nuarc a second time; add the hardener; let dry; put in drying cabinet for 1 hr; then tape up (only on ink side now) and off we go -- however, it was still breaking down a couple hundred into the run with CCI's less-strong hardener.  I'm guessing we were doing something wrong.

At any rate, thanks for your posts -- and I do have a great update.  If I were CCI, I would ditch the permx remover and buy stock in "The Green Zone 669" dehazer from WM Plastics (which may be relabeled too for them).  We got a sample of it like 3 years ago and it's just been sitting on top of the washout booth.  So as CCI's permx remover wasn't working well, nor the dip tank after, I started throwing anything we had on top of the washout book on the screen to help remove the emulsion.  Put that 669 dehazer on there, let it sit for 5 minutes and BAM!  That worked awesome. Even our dehazer from our local supplier didn't work.  So, if anyone is using the strongest hardener by CCI, I'd highly recommend getting a sample of this stuff and trying it out. 

So I have a run of 1,300 front and backs in the next week on white shirts, so it'd be wb (so not as aggressive as dc).  How would you prep your screens for a 1,300-2,000 piece run?  Same as above or would you go with a stronger hardener?  Add 2nd coat of the medium weight hardener? etc.?

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 05:09:57 PM »
I thought A+B wasn't supposed to be reclaimable?

Anyway I did 1700 pieces front and back 4 color / 3 color waterbase with no issues, cleaned up the screens for each side once and used again just fine.

This was with SP-1400 emulsion and MS hardener shirt side and inside of the screen.

No post exposure as the sp-1400 is a diazo emulsion.

Admiral, there is no purpose in post-exposing a diazo emulsion?  Did not know that.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 05:13:37 PM »
Aquasol no diazo
Proper exposure
Develop
Dry
Touchup (rarely)
Sunshine
MS Hardener
Sit around to dry (longer exposure = more hardening)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »
What eb said.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 12:00:25 AM »
I thought A+B wasn't supposed to be reclaimable?

Anyway I did 1700 pieces front and back 4 color / 3 color waterbase with no issues, cleaned up the screens for each side once and used again just fine.

This was with SP-1400 emulsion and MS hardener shirt side and inside of the screen.

No post exposure as the sp-1400 is a diazo emulsion.

Admiral, there is no purpose in post-exposing a diazo emulsion?  Did not know that.

diazo emulsion needs to be exposed properly the first go

dual cure does benefit a bit from post exposure

pure photopolymer can benefit a lot from post exposure but I have no desire to do water based / discharge with such an emulsion

I rather stick to my sp 1400 which has never given me a problem during a run, done 6500 piece discharge, this 1650 piece front and back waterbase job, no problems

damn emulsion holds more detail than anything else I have used too, just have to be okay with long exposure times, 90LTU for us vs about 55 being our highest for our dual cure