Author Topic: Pressure Washer  (Read 6731 times)

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
Pressure Washer
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:54:14 PM »
Our pressure washer is an inexpensive Home Cheapo model that is on its last leg. We are looking for one that doesn't sound like a locomotive is coming through the wall but wont break the bank. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Matt

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Pressure Washer
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:07:50 PM »
Camspray 1500a

....and one of these.  This thing rules.  You press a button and toggle between a 15˚ for reclaim and a 40˚ for resolving.  Much more repeatable and reliable than the adjustable fan type.  This one was kinda cheap but is holding up great, got it at the ranch supply.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
Pressure Washer
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »
I agree with the camspray. They are not cheap but with regular maintenance it will be the last one you have to buy. I have a 1200 psi and it is more than enough. I think I paid about $650.00 more than 3 years ago. I used to get a new Home Depot (Huskey) every 4-6 weeks.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »
If you are near a Northern Tool they have every type size range and should have something to fit your budget.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 10:38:53 AM »
+1 1500A.  Northern Tool carries one that looks identical, I'd be surprised if it isn't from the same factory.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:43:43 AM »
Camspray 1500a

....and one of these.  This thing rules.  You press a button and toggle between a 15˚ for reclaim and a 40˚ for resolving.  Much more repeatable and reliable than the adjustable fan type.  This one was kinda cheap but is holding up great, got it at the ranch supply.

zoo what nozzle is that?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 11:05:20 AM »
Speaking of reg maintenance.... need to get on that.

the nozzle is a multi nozzle sort of selector that I bought at the ranch supply

Online Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:05:23 PM »
Get a good one and have it for a couple of decades, we have. Probably paid $600 for it in the early nineties, replace a couple of parts here and there from Grainger's. Money very well spent. Way back when we used to staple mesh (and I'm sure some of you are thinking "What?") I'd buy an electric staple gun from Sears about every 2 or 3 weeks. I finally bought and industrial strength Duo-Fast for $250 (mid-eighties dollars) and never had to replace it, just retire it as we moved to glue and then rollers. So whatever you get, bite the bullet and pay for it just once.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 01:41:36 PM »
we are in the midst of looking for one too. bought a 250.00 one from grainger about a year and a half ago and we are on our 3rd and final warranty replacement. its a piece of junk.

i wish any of us around our shop remember the name of the one we used to have. i started doing screens in our families shop around age 13. i think it burned out when i was 25. and we had it for years before that too. really small, light blue case on it.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »
I used a Kew back in the day that fits that description--Swiss made, little hand-carry, sealed--no grease/oil ports or maintenance?

That was a pretty nice piece of gear, and IIRC they paid something like $300 in the early nineties for it--still cleaning screens today.  I haven't seen anything like that from them for years though.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »
We get a new one every 3-6 months.  Cheapo from a local home improvement store.

Purchased the first one with full warrenty.  Now everytime it goes bad we take it back replace it and purchase a new warrenty for 10.00. 

Started doing this after replace one for over 600.00 and haveing the pump fixed on another for 200+ I fugure paying 30.00 a year makes sense. 

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »
Belt drive, low RPM, metal pump.

My question is, at what PSI do we approach damaging screens?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 06:08:04 PM »
My question is, at what PSI do we approach damaging screens?

I would ideally like a 5k psi for reclaim b/c the pressure diminishes so much the further back you are from the screen.  With a really high psi one you could move back and do a wide fan and still have enough power to reclaim effectively so that would mean reclaim in less passes....and also more popped screens from dumbasses putting it too close. 

But imagine reclaiming a screen in two passes, that would be excellent.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 08:03:12 PM »
1700 psi Green Machine from Lowes. Knock on wood going on 18 months now without a problem.

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 09:55:34 PM »
So it looks like a lot of you like the Camspray,  One question about it, Is it quiet? We are located in a mixed use building and it would be nice to keep the neighbors happy.