Author Topic: Pressure Washer  (Read 6732 times)

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: Pressure Washer
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 02:21:50 PM »
The pump is more quiet than the water at 1500 PSI hitting a well tensioned 305.    ;)

When it's unloaded (idling) it's about on par with a quiet vacuum cleaner.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
we just bought this one from Uline believe it or not -500.00, purrs like a kitten...small little thing, heavy as hell too....no matter what one you go with, make sure you put a filter on it.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-3049/Pressure-Washers/Industrial-Electric-Pressure-Washer
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 08:45:38 AM »
I've gone through all the cheapy ones from local box stores and my latest one is the hand carry AR Blue Clean 1500psi.  It's small, wall mountable, but had good reviews for durability.  So far after about 6 months of abuse it's holding up well, wand handle doesn't leak either like ALL the other ones I've owned.

http://www.amazon.com/AR-AR118-Electric-Pressure-Washer/dp/B003B6KQZE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1363005645&sr=8-2&keywords=pressure+washer+ar

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 08:50:13 AM »
They had those there for 89.00
there was a stack of 20 of them.
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 08:56:18 AM »
They had those there for 89.00
there was a stack of 20 of them.

Good deal.  You should like the AR. If you read reviews on Amazon, it's one of the only brands that actually has good reviews and no super angry rants.

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 09:03:54 AM »
i had a green works before this and it burned up on me on saturday. so i needed one that day.  At least the old one broke when they had them on sale.
Houtzdale, PA.

Online TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 11:19:58 AM »
We get a new one every 3-6 months.  Cheapo from a local home improvement store.

Purchased the first one with full warrenty.  Now everytime it goes bad we take it back replace it and purchase a new warrenty for 10.00. 

Started doing this after replace one for over 600.00 and haveing the pump fixed on another for 200+ I fugure paying 30.00 a year makes sense.

We do the same thing, $125 -$175 from Menards/Home Depot. Buy the warranty, $7 or whatever. We have two, so we always have a back up one on hand. But with the warranty just bring it on back, and get another one, no questions. For us it became a bit harder in the winter as a pressure washer is a "seasonal item" here... Go figure, no one wants to power wash their driveway at 10 below?!

Yes, it seems like potentially a lot of running around, but for me, I am usually at Menards like 3 times a week anyway. I go on Sunday with my son that is just walking, even if we don't need anything, kinda like our man church.

I too bought a $700 one that was going to be the "best". I was real nice, more bells and whistles than we needed, and the best one only worked for 10 months. 

So far the best(going on 3 months) "chepo" one we have found and are using is:
http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/outdoor-power-equipment/pressure-washers/g-clean-electric-portable-pressure-washer-bonus-pack/p-1863773-c-10113.htm
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 11:35:18 AM »
i got sick and tired of d!cking around with the cheap ones.  I bought a CamSpray about 4 years ago and it's going strong.  The plug busted, that was it.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 12:31:43 PM »
When I talked the money man into getting the 1500A we have now (after some one-or-two-year cheapos) he was rather surprised to see it--before I was here they had one just like it for nearly twenty years.  When I asked him how many times they changed the oil over it's lifespan--he said "Oh, no way, you can change the oil on it?"   ;D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 04:00:22 PM »
We get a new one every 3-6 months.  Cheapo from a local home improvement store.

Purchased the first one with full warrenty.  Now everytime it goes bad we take it back replace it and purchase a new warrenty for 10.00. 

Started doing this after replace one for over 600.00 and haveing the pump fixed on another for 200+ I fugure paying 30.00 a year makes sense.

that is most likely not legal. Terms of extended warranty on those do not usually cover industrial use. . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 04:23:14 PM »
I bought one from sams club. It broke they replaced it. That one broke they replaced it and gave me over $50 because they sold the unit cheaper then. That one broke and they replaced it. Then when this one broke they didn't have a replacement in the store. So they just gave me the cash. I used 4 pressure washers over 2 years (or so) and at the end they gave me all my money back. I didn't end up paying a penny for any of them. They were all under warrantee and they even refunded me the warrantee money.  Yes they all broke when I needed them and it was a pain to box them up and go back to the store. Thats why I now have a Northstar 1700 PSI one and it is doing great for 2 years now. The best thing about these commercial ones they are a lot quieter and last alot longer.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »
I bought one from sams club. It broke they replaced it. That one broke they replaced it and gave me over $50 because they sold the unit cheaper then. That one broke and they replaced it. Then when this one broke they didn't have a replacement in the store. So they just gave me the cash. I used 4 pressure washers over 2 years (or so) and at the end they gave me all my money back. I didn't end up paying a penny for any of them. They were all under warrantee and they even refunded me the warrantee money.  Yes they all broke when I needed them and it was a pain to box them up and go back to the store. Thats why I now have a Northstar 1700 PSI one and it is doing great for 2 years now. The best thing about these commercial ones they are a lot quieter and last alot longer.

this might be Sam's club policy, but every place I bought one it specifically stated it was not covered for industrial use except for 30 days. Most of us don't read the paperwork that comes with them so we don't know. Once I found out, I stopped doing it.
Everybody is free to do as they please, I just pointed out what I found out.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »

this might be Sam's club policy, but every place I bought one it specifically stated it was not covered for industrial use except for 30 days. Most of us don't read the paperwork that comes with them so we don't know. Once I found out, I stopped doing it.

pierre

What is "industrial use"? They never ask that when you return them. When does it become industrial use. More than 10 hours of use a week. How can they turn you away unless you tell them your using it for industrial use. Its a pressure washer it should be able to handle cleaning 30 to 50 screens a week. They make them all cheap and they know it. They all busted the same way. They all started leaking. It was a busted seal or the plastic enclosure broke.

Pierre you have way to much time on your hands to be reading warranties. I bet the people doing the returns haven't even read that. I worked at home depot and they return anything. I have seen people return their mower after a year of use. I have seen people return weeds in the pot they bought a plant in. There is way worse people then us screen printers that return broken pressure washers after "industrial use". Guess what happens to brand new products like a chain saw that people buy then return because they only needed it to cut down one tree. They say it broke. That chainsaw will either go back to the manufacture or tossed in the compactor. Most manufacture don't want them sent back, just compact it. I talked to my manager about letting me have a mower once and he said he couldn't let me have it. I had to toss a $250 mower into the trash. I know this has gotten a little better then when I was there but it still happens.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »

pierre

What is "industrial use"? They never ask that when you return them. When does it become industrial use. More than 10 hours of use a week. How can they turn you away unless you tell them your using it for industrial use. Its a pressure washer it should be able to handle cleaning 30 to 50 screens a week. They make them all cheap and they know it. They all busted the same way. They all started leaking. It was a busted seal or the plastic enclosure broke.

Pierre you have way to much time on your hands to be reading warranties. I bet the people doing the returns haven't even read that. I worked at home depot and they return anything. I have seen people return their mower after a year of use. I have seen people return weeds in the pot they bought a plant in. There is way worse people then us screen printers that return broken pressure washers after "industrial use". Guess what happens to brand new products like a chain saw that people buy then return because they only needed it to cut down one tree. They say it broke. That chainsaw will either go back to the manufacture or tossed in the compactor. Most manufacture don't want them sent back, just compact it. I talked to my manager about letting me have a mower once and he said he couldn't let me have it. I had to toss a $250 mower into the trash. I know this has gotten a little better then when I was there but it still happens.

what is says is if it is used for commercial purposes. So if you are making money with it, that's not what those little units are designed for. They are rated about one or two uses a month, that's why they don't last.

I am a little bit anal about doing the right thing and realize not everybody shares my sentiments. As you point out, many ppl return stuff that should not be returned. Just because the big stores let them get away with it does not mean it's right, they are taking advantage of the store in an amoral way. But these are all the choices we make that are based on who we are and the circumstances we live in. Sometimes we don't have a choice and I have done the same thing. Fortunately, I have a choice now and chose to do what I believe is right (and again, not asking anybody to agree with me).

pierre