Author Topic: Pressure Washer  (Read 6730 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Pressure Washer
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »
I'd argue that the big stores are taking advantage of the consumer in an amoral way, but that's just me.
How many poor nations could the Waltons rescue these days? And the employee's give notachit about returns why?

I honestly can't really think of another instance where you purchase an item and using it too much violates
a warranty?

I could just imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if my pops bought a nailgun from Homers and it chit the bed
and they wouldn't honor the warranty because he used it to make money. (he's a general contractor)

That said I don't think he'd buy a nailgun from Homers, much as we shouldn't buy pressure washers from there either.

Good on you for walking the straight and narrow though Pierre.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »
We get a new one every 3-6 months.  Cheapo from a local home improvement store.

Purchased the first one with full warrenty.  Now everytime it goes bad we take it back replace it and purchase a new warrenty for 10.00. 

Started doing this after replace one for over 600.00 and haveing the pump fixed on another for 200+ I fugure paying 30.00 a year makes sense.

that is most likely not legal. Terms of extended warranty on those do not usually cover industrial use. . .

pierre

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 09:34:11 PM »
How much time do you guys spend going back and forth to return pressure washers?  Me?  None.  I have more important things to do...like post here.

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 06:20:39 AM »
I agree with Pierre (not surprisingly)The home depot return thing gets old and not exactly ethical practise. I believe in industrial grade equipment.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »
When I asked the store managment if there was an issue with me returning my pressure washer, they said no.   
I was told "that is why you buy the extened warranty."I do not act all shady and tell them, uh i don't know why it quit working.  I am upfront and tell them how the wosher is being used and that I just wore the damn thing out.  Their response "sorry to hear that would you like to have one of our associates get your replacement and bring it to the front. " 

It takes me less than 5min to return my pressurewasher, the store is 1 block away.

I purchased 2 "industrial" washers and guess what 1 lasted 8mon.  Tried to return it and was told it could not be repaired and the warranty only covered parts and labor.  Purchased a second "industrial" pressurewasher and the pump went out this company would replace the pump but I was still on the hook for $200+.  The second time this pump went out is when I purchased the cheap one whith warrany for less than $150.   

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
When I asked the store managment if there was an issue with me returning my pressure washer, they said no.   
I was told "that is why you buy the extened warranty."I do not act all shady and tell them, uh i don't know why it quit working.  I am upfront and tell them how the wosher is being used and that I just wore the damn thing out.  Their response "sorry to hear that would you like to have one of our associates get your replacement and bring it to the front. " 

It takes me less than 5min to return my pressurewasher, the store is 1 block away.

I purchased 2 "industrial" washers and guess what 1 lasted 8mon.  Tried to return it and was told it could not be repaired and the warranty only covered parts and labor.  Purchased a second "industrial" pressurewasher and the pump went out this company would replace the pump but I was still on the hook for $200+.  The second time this pump went out is when I purchased the cheap one whith warrany for less than $150.

please don't take my original post as calling you or anybody else unethical! I was in the same boat as you and was exchanging the pressure washers until a store manager explained why we were not eligible for the extended warranty. Just like you, I asked before and was told "No Problem!". After the manager pointed out that it was for commercial use, I went back to the shop and read the warranty card. Based on the new information I acted differently.

the sole purpose of my post was NOT to call ppl names, but rather to point out what most of don't know; in many cases swapping pressure washers is not covered under warranty.

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:38 AM »
My bad Pierre not my intention either but I did get called on this once at HD and they nulled the warantee eventually. Manager stated that we were not using for the intended use. Hey if you can do it and it works and they keep honoring than why not? I just hate going back and forth to HD! Couple of times they failed out of the box. So in that case they obviously have to honor the return even without a warantee.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 11:04:59 AM »

I know a lot of people don't name names, but you gotta with that story.  What brand/model of 'industrial' washer was it?  I'm sure everyone would appreciate knowing what brands are dogsh!t....

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 11:11:06 AM »
yeah, what brand failed?

I have been more than pleased with our campsray.  I will replace it with another one...or maybe one where i don't have to change oil...it gets old

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 11:36:41 AM »
our Camspray 1500a had to go back twice in two years we had it. Once it was our fault and once it was theirs. I think it cost us $200 to get it fixed. The way it's running though it will probably last a long time now that we know what not to do.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!