Author Topic: PLEASE HELP epson 1430 might have died?  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Kellan3737

• Verified/Junior
PLEASE HELP epson 1430 might have died?
« on: March 14, 2013, 02:38:25 AM »
Hey everyone,

I tried installing a CISS system in my epson 1430,  not sure what happened but I did a couple head cleanings to get the heads printing properly which they never did.  tried to do a head alignment and the printer started dumping ink. and just stopped mid print and would not let me use the jammed paper button to cancel the print.  I turned the printer off, and back on then tried to clean the dropped ink as best I could.  then everyone I turned the printer back on both the jammed paper and ink light came on and flashed together, I got a error code saying there was jammed paper which there was not.  I tried turning the printer on and off a a couple dozen times, and the same issue, I got it to suck a 13x19 film through the feeder and it still said it was jammed.  I tried to do another head alignment because it seemed to be the only maitenance option I could click on that wouldnt jam the printer up.  The printer started to do the alignment and stopped mid way, the printer shut itself off, and a faint beeping noise started happening.  I can not turn the printer on now, and tried unplugging it and plugging it back.  my personal thought is it died, the printer is 2 - 3 months old.  I'm a little upset. and hoping someone has a possible solution to my problem.

PLEASE HELP IF ITS EVEN POSSIBLE!

thanks,

Kellan
Kellan

Offline rmonks

• !!!
Re: PLEASE HELP epson 1430 might have died?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:45:57 AM »
I have epson 1800, 1900, and older 3000. Not familiar with the 1430 but it sounds as if there has been allot of ink dumped into the internal workings of your printer and maybe some sensors have been blocked or damaged with this ink overflow. I would move the print head out of the way and try to clean some of the ink I could get to. I would also put the original cartridge's back in you may have to reset them if you have a chip re-setter. And I have never had success with continuous ink system. But have my 1800 and 1900 on all black carts. I keep cleaning solution in in all but the MK cart. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 09:41:09 AM »
Kellan, who made your CISS kit? Have you talked to them?

My only experience with aftermarket performance modifications for Epson is with Cobra, and I have talked to a tech a few times.
I find that they have been familiar with most of my questions so far. If you did screw something up, I bet that you're not the first, and your folks may be able to help straighten you out.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Kellan3737

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 10:28:25 AM »
I ended up talking to epson this morning and the printer is within a year old from my original purchase date, and they are probably going to send me a new printer.  It doesnt seem to have dumped ink everywhere but I cant really see under the ink sponge.  I got the CISS system from inkjetcarts and they didnt seem to have much knowledge of what could have caused this.  they recommended trying to return the printer.
Kellan