Author Topic: Exposure Unit  (Read 1477 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Exposure Unit
« on: June 17, 2013, 05:25:19 PM »
Today I was burning a bunch of screens for this week, unit got kind of hot, so I left the lid up, and the rubber seal fell off. (back story about the seal is, when I got the unit it needed a new blanket, so I bought one and installed, but the rubber gasket did not stick back really good, so  I just tacked it on with some spray tack)  well today the spray let go.  Long story short I took my pallet tack and brushed it on the rubber gasket and then the blanket, let it dry some and stuck it back on...now talk about pulling a vac, this thing pulls tighter than goats lips now, before I thought I had a bad vac motor and was going to replace it at some time..just thought I'd let everyone know what a knuckle head I was for not doing it right the first time.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Exposure Unit
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 02:19:08 PM »
Installing a new sheet isn't too hard, but that bead can be a ball buster. Funny how well a vacuum works without leaks huh, Darryl? Kind of a "WHOA" moment...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:16:51 PM »
Now go in the room and turn off any lights. Stand there in the dark for about 5 minutes until your eyes adjust to the darkness. Flip you unit on, lid closed and all. Look at the blanket now and see if you have any pin holes to fix. I've seen blankets with dozens of pin holes that went unnoticed til trying this trick.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 07:17:15 AM »
Now go in the room and turn off any lights. Stand there in the dark for about 5 minutes until your eyes adjust to the darkness. Flip you unit on, lid closed and all. Look at the blanket now and see if you have any pin holes to fix. I've seen blankets with dozens of pin holes that went unnoticed til trying this trick.

Neat trick Mr. Filip.  Got to add that one to my list of stuff.

Add this one to the list, tire repair stores have got great peel and stick rubber patches that are better that those you get at the hardware store.  They may look at you crazy when you ask to buy just the patches but they work great.  Probably because of the super duper glue they are using!

These tire store patches also work great as wear protectors if you have a pin reg bar on the glass and the blanket is always hitting the 'sharp' corners of screens in exactly the same place.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 04:10:39 PM »
Thanks guys, but the blanket is new and no pin holes, I just did not installed the gasket good and it did not pull a good vacuum before, but now whoa mama!!. I can bet that I was getting some undercutting and most likely the reason I was having registration issues ever now and then on some of the butt reggie stuff.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!