Author Topic: A Revolutionary Concept in Custom Printables! (Their description)  (Read 2045 times)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: A Revolutionary Concept in Custom Printables! (Their description)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 09:38:25 AM »
That was really painful watching that video.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
A Revolutionary Concept in Custom Printables! (Their description)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:36 AM »
Do people like it hu

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 10:19:37 AM »
my inlaws know the folks behind this....
http://lumi.co/

it's pretty neat, and the video is decent.  they have raised a TON on kickstarter

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 11:02:26 AM »
Started to watch it with the sound off, wth is up with this?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 01:24:56 PM »
So it's unique, and different...damn they could have edited a ton of that out and made the video worth watching.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
A Revolutionary Concept in Custom Printables! (Their description)
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 02:01:44 PM »
It's pretty neat

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »
my inlaws know the folks behind this....
http://lumi.co/

it's pretty neat, and the video is decent.  they have raised a TON on kickstarter

It's all fun and games until the passed out drunk guy gets coated in that stuff and pushed out into the sun lol!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 02:55:42 PM »
Ok is it a secret process, thats what I was looking for, how ya do it.  I will say if no one else can do it then they got it made!!!

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:16 PM »
At first I was thinking that it was just belt printed, then I read the bit where it says that it doesn't pretend to be belt printed ??? I don't know, seems like it's waterbased all over printing, is there something I'm missing? Just single color as well.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 09:17:47 PM »
Anyway, there are at least 4 more shops that offer the same service. Some of them even show the same sample shirts.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 10:53:19 PM »
There are a few other places where you can get these but they are all coming from the same place and someone has a piece of it marked up of course. This guy just sells wholesale to those who can put out more quantity (like a tie dye company that sells to theme parks).

It seems that it does come from this guy now, but I worked with another guy here in Fl that developed it (so I was told by him)...and about a year later, sold the process to apparently or maybe to this guy. One never really knows the full details do we. This was back in 2009. I remember because I started as a sales rep about 2 hours after I was officially laid off from Disney for a Co called Eye dye in North Fl.

While repping them for about a year while still doing art and seps, I also did some of the art that I was selling back to Disney. So I put together the Disney shirt you see on the sample page. It's one of the earlier jobs the guy and I did together. He was a 3rd party to do Eye Dye. I still have the original sample shirt as you can see below.

It was and is a pretty cool process. I will push for it here in my own shop...but it is adding a good bit to the cost. You can get this done for about 8.00 per shirt depending on quantity (or at least back then in 09 you could get the price)....and then if you feel frisky, you can also print another full color design in the center. sleeve, back etc. It can make for a very high end tee.

You can do a lot with something like this and it's true. (People love it). If you look at a sample (the one I have on up screen) you can see that the print is way off to the right...maybe by 6" and on mine, it's centered. This is because the process is very inconsistent as far as art placement. When the do the process, it have to allow for shift placement...and also encompass kids/infants, on up to 6xl. So that plays in the design process. you don't want to include super large elements because it may cover 3/3rds of a kids small tee and not give the same effects of the design.

For placement, you get what you get. It falls into the (each garment is a unique piece) like tie dye.

The guy and business in this vid/website is not the guy I worked with back in 09.
The process?  Just imagine your grandmothers old hand cranked washing tub. The kind with the two rubber rollers and water being rolled/squeezed out to rid them of water and then combine that with off set lithography (but only one) color due to the shift/placement issues.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:02:16 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850