Author Topic: Tried a New White  (Read 8865 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Re: Tried a New White
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »
A stork dropped this off at my front door.  Go figure.  Hope it's the right stuff... 

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2013, 03:51:03 PM »
It is. That what I used on those 50/50 sweats.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2013, 04:55:31 PM »
Picked up a sample of the Tidy White at a trade show last weekend, and Two Thumbs Up! Nice stuff.

Thanks for the heads up Alan!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »
Picked up a sample of the Tidy White at a trade show last weekend, and Two Thumbs Up! Nice stuff.

I got a 5'er coming in next week.  So is it one of the better whites you've used?  I can't wait to use more than a gallon of it because I've found more than a few products that wow me on the first gallon then over the course of time something happens and the honeymoon is over.

Keep us informed Brian, I've also got a gallon of the Rutland DC white but won't get to it till later next week.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2013, 06:02:39 PM »

I got a 5'er coming in next week.  So is it one of the better whites you've used?  I can't wait to use more than a gallon of it because I've found more than a few products that wow me on the first gallon then over the course of time something happens and the honeymoon is over.

Keep us informed Brian, I've also got a gallon of the Rutland DC white but won't get to it till later next week.

I would say it is one of the better ones we have used. We have used cotton white, bright white and diamond white from Union. Both Sabre White and Arctic White from Excalibur. Hybrid white, Versamax white and one other white from One Stroke. And Phoenix White from Triangle. So far out of all of those the Hybrid White from One Stroke was my favorite all around.
I ordered a 5 gallon so we can use it a bit more, the one I got from the show was tiny. But it worked well on the manual and there was just enough left to get a few shirts out on the auto with it.
I also like that there is not a gloss look to it once it is cured. A few of the other ones we have used over the years looked like that and I didn't care for it.

Thanks again!
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2013, 07:09:50 AM »
The EJ special white auto from OneStroke is great.  The problem is the price.  I don't mind paying more for ink, but if I can find an ink that prints the almost as good at half the price, it's hard to justify the cost.

And I am a person that generally doesn't care about pricing on ink since a $20 a gallon might save you hundreds or thousands in time and headaches over the life of that gallon.  Like silicone ink, it's more expensive, but a single hit, no PFP on colors and lower over temps make an ink that costs double really cost less.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2013, 07:53:52 AM »
I agree the EJ Fast Flash is a great ink. But I personally consider that more of a speciality ink. It is nice to have that feature when running some jobs on the auto. But I don't think we would ever use it on a manual job.
The Tidy White is just a nice all around multi purpose white. 
The only down side is the name,  found myself asking for the Tidy Whitey when I ordered it;D

Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2013, 08:32:31 AM »
Ha, that's funny.

I used to use EJ for all my cotton and poly blends, especially underbases.

Offline mpot

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
For the Rutland WB9067 what is the price per gal?