Author Topic: Big Bonehead mistake  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Big Bonehead mistake
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 05:25:55 PM »
Indexed a mannequin once.

Like maybe on a Precision Oval? That would be pretty funny to see...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »
Indexed a mannequin once.

I probably shouldn't ask.......index finger?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
We moved our developing sink a couple weeks back. Had it sitting out on the shop floor not hooked up to
a drain or anything. Out of habit one of the employees grabs the hose from the nearby washout and starts developing
a screen. Water pouring all over the floor. Me and the other kids just about died laughing.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 06:12:00 AM »
on purpose?  I have no idea why a mannequin would be in the middle of a press.
It was done in Preston's honor on one of those blue Death Machines. Some may remember.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 07:24:16 AM »
Biggest bonehead mistake I ever made involved not asking enough direct questions from a salesperson when buying my first dryer.  'Sure it will fit through a 36" wide door, you just have to take the legs off!" was the salesguys response to my question. 

What I did not ask was "How do the legs come off?", I assumed they were bolted on.  Nope took a cutting torch to remove!

Therefore, I called my guys on the way home from picking it up and told them to tear down an exterior wall to get the dryer into our production space.  The story keeps coming up when we have visitors and the story and the hole seems to get bigger every time it's told.

Oh yeah it would not fit in the S10 pickup truck we took and I had to rent a U-Haul to get it back.

Lesson learned, I now ask lots of questions.  Lots!

OK who can top that one!

Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 07:45:17 AM »
Got a million of em Greg. At Nike Sport Graphics we put in a ton of new equipment including two collossal belt printers. On one of the brand new freshly tacked belts an untrained operator accidentally printed the belt with a 52x65 screen The screen carraige began to rise with the belt stuck to the screen and it indexed, turning the carraige into a pretzel. At Fortune one of the dreaded Elexons had a pesky habit of stopping/starting for no apparent reasons. Quartz flash caught shirts on fire, then indexed, catching the screens on fire, etc etc. Fire extinguishers were placed all around the machine. In Miami a water hose broke one night causing a couple hundred dozen shirts to get stained. Had to Chinese fire drill back and forth from the laundrymat. When beta testing the first wing allover press a ninety pound kid got indexed because he was too light for the safety mat.
Note: No individuals were seriously hurt in any of these incidents. Well maybe that belt printer kid got a pummeling.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 08:05:18 AM »
Ah, but Tony you miss the point.

I screwed up all by myself, you had buildings full of people helping you!  ;D

Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 08:07:06 AM »
I washed my face with stencil remover......

as a bald guy, your head gets a bit oily throughout the day so once in a while I would hit up the 20:1 mix of simple green to water and splash of the ol noggin....this day, I failed to look at what I was grabbing for some reason...

I had to over night films from a fellow board member when my printer went down...there was a HUGE typo.... now I have 2 back ups and a main printer....and a chip resetter and TONS of spare parts.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 08:13:39 AM »
OK well I did step into a 5 gal bucket of brown WB puff (WB puffs came before plastisols) coming the platform on the oval. Did it all by myself!

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 08:25:34 AM »
Years ago had some plastisol on my jeans near the crotch area (don't ask how it got there). Was in a rush to get home after a long day & zapped it with the spotting gun without removing my pants. About 10 minutes into my drive home my nether regions felt like the surface of the sun...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »
Who hasn't shot their nuts with a spot gun?

I try and block out the bad screwups. A good one was with our old heat press.  I left a 50/50 orange shirt in there for about 3 minutes at 370.  The shirt was fine, but the dye sublimated into the pad below and every time we would press shirts, they came out orange for a while.  We had to replace the pad finally.  Now we have an auto release, so no more problems with that.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 09:31:56 AM »
Biggest bone head move I ever made was letting Are Dubya Bee in my building. 

;D
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 09:34:11 AM »
Who hasn't shot their nuts with a spot gun?

My wife...

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »
Biggest bone head move I ever made was letting Are Dubya Bee in my building. 

;D

Just don't say those letters 3 times in a row!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:52 AM »
I'm glad I asked... pretty funny stuff, and I feel a whole lot better about myself.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't