Author Topic: New Exposure Unit!  (Read 2670 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
New Exposure Unit!
« on: March 19, 2013, 02:55:58 PM »
Hey,
Very happy! We just purchased a new Tri-Light. Our MSP 3140 will now be for backup. Our soon to be built new exposure room is going to be very nice with both of those in there!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: New Exposure Unit!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »
That's the big 6K one that's still a self contained unit, right?   Nice investment.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 03:27:00 PM »
Well darn, it costs way more than that I was told. At least everyone we shopped around with was double that! But then again this one can handle two of our 25" x 36" roller frames.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:45:16 PM »
Well darn, it costs way more than that I was told. At least everyone we shopped around with was double that! But then again this one can handle two of our 25" x 36" roller frames.

LMAO He means 6K watt, damn if that went for 6K only we would have bought that instead of the 3140 for almost the same.
"No man is an island"

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »
Hahaha, I am a dope. Sorry about that, besides running seps and scheduling and helping out the guys with the printing and everything else my main concern besides the prints themselves is bean counter. I see K and automatically think of money. Sad but true!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 06:54:59 PM »
Heh, right.  Probably spring the extra 1500, right?  I wouldn't be building a unit if one like that went that cheap.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 11:22:07 PM »
You're gonna sh1t when it arrives and you see just how big that thing is  :o

I've seen many a screen rooms built around the thing cause its just that big.

good advice.. that blanket is a small fortune, put a liner in and don't forget to move the tri-loc if you're using it every 2 months of you'll blow a hole in the blanket in less than a year.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:20:41 AM »
Congrats man.  Shooting 2up is awesome.  And shooting with 5k will make those wb screens rock solid when you get it dialed.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 08:52:11 AM »
Shooting 2 up is awesome.  with that much power you will probably have to go with a slower emulsion.  Ours was shooting in about 9 seconds and I couldn't adjust it enough to dial it in.  We are at about 30 seconds right now on a new emulsion and I like the fact I can go up or down a light unit to perfect our exposures.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 05:40:16 PM »
Brad tha's cooking , hell you can burn a dozen screen by the time I get one done, but my unit fits my needs and yours fit you ;)  its good to be and inker.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 08:08:22 PM »
it's overkill for us, but the deal was too good.  I got it for $1650. I think that may have included shipping, it could have been a couple hundred more for shipping, I can't remember.

I know that even doing the electrical with a friend and paying only for materials, it still cost $900 to wire it in, plus a couple lunches.

I could have a side business of cutting manual screens for local shops, it' crazy how fast it goes.  7500 watts will do that.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 09:21:50 PM »
Thanks John. Noted. And I remember you posting that bit of info before. It happened on our MSP 3140 after a few years and it was a learning lesson. Can't wait to get this sucker in its new room/house! Will post pictures!

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 09:41:26 PM »
they just replaced the blanket at the shop.. it had 9 holes and was a royal pia with vacumn loss lamp shut offs constantly. Screen guy was losing his marbles with all the patches and 1/2 burned screens so he got really loud and got it replaced.

They put the new blanket in, then glued velcro all around the inside edge right next to the metal frame. Then glued the other side of the velcro to some fabric faced neoprene and stuck it on there. works like a charm now and when it gets dirty or tears, they have an entire roll to replace it from that cost them pennies compared to the blanket.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 10:54:43 PM »
they just replaced the blanket at the shop.. it had 9 holes and was a royal pia with vacumn loss lamp shut offs constantly. Screen guy was losing his marbles with all the patches and 1/2 burned screens so he got really loud and got it replaced.

They put the new blanket in, then glued velcro all around the inside edge right next to the metal frame. Then glued the other side of the velcro to some fabric faced neoprene and stuck it on there. works like a charm now and when it gets dirty or tears, they have an entire roll to replace it from that cost them pennies compared to the blanket.

^^^ Good tip!

and yes, i am jealous of the new exposure unit... 8)
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283