Author Topic: The new discharge that everyone was talking about last week?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Rob Coleman

The new discharge that everyone was talking about last week?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 10:54:51 PM »
I have purposely stayed out of the threads on this, but I will go ahead and chime in.

Printed this again yesterday.  It is very promising.  However, as stated in a post above, the product is really in alpha/beta stage.  Still more work to do; however as an under base product, may be pretty damn close.

The proprietor of the technology is going to work with Tony.  After some of the results today, he expressed maybe he should not go yet.  I strongly recommended he go to get some expert knowledge.  I think it will be a worthwhile trip.

While I understand why the original post was made to generate some marketing excitement, frankly it was too soon.  Realistically, it will be some more time before the product is available.  Commercialization is a process.

The proprietor may sell the technology, license it, distribute it..... too early to tell.  But I will say that indeed it could be a game changer if/when the product is available on a commercial level.

I know he is anxious to get some more feedback from an expert like Tony.
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: The new discharge that everyone was talking about last week?
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:28 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Rob but expert? Hardly. Still learning and experimenting. What little I do know comes from 30 ys of having to figure the fine points out on your own. There was, up until recently, absolutely zero info out there on this and actually quite a bit of misinformation that you had to prove wrong.

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 09:28:12 AM »
I think after/while testing with the experts (Tony, you are an expert, like it or not) testing should be done with some that have NO experience with wb/dc. It may be easier to determine the learning curve with someone that does not have a strong background.
I'm just sayin'
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
Just spent half a day testing, evaluating, and talking with the proprietor. One product is pretty much ready with a minor tweak. Another needs some more eval and reformulation. I'll be working with pigments later nxt wk. One goal is to get the base to work with other pigments such as Rutland. It's closer. After spending some time with him I am more than reasonably sure they'll get there. Also will be testing after 30 days, 60 days etc. Remember it supposedy has an incredibly long shelf life and no odor.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »
that is insane.  Does it come RFU, or do you add an activator once you are ready to start using the bucket (like diazo in emulsion)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 02:32:07 PM »
All products do not need activator. Since it is deep in development I am not at liberty to offer up much more information. Sorry but this is the right way to go about it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
that's cool, I was just wondering.  Sounds really great though, taking out a step is awesome.

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »
Just spent half a day testing, evaluating, and talking with the proprietor. One product is pretty much ready with a minor tweak. Another needs some more eval and reformulation. I'll be working with pigments later nxt wk. One goal is to get the base to work with other pigments such as Rutland. It's closer. After spending some time with him I am more than reasonably sure they'll get there. Also will be testing after 30 days, 60 days etc. Remember it supposedy has an incredibly long shelf life and no odor.

Tony - I am super glad he/she came and worked with you.  I knew it would be beneficial for all. I received a text from him/her (hehe how's that for crypctic!) stating basically the same as you just stated.  Good stuff!
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com