Author Topic: Anatol Help?  (Read 4428 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Anatol Help?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 03:56:22 AM »
You can try Anatol bwahahahaha

BTW that was an indirect prompt to see if they were actually paying attention. I recd a call Monday from a new rep from Anatol. He was quite attentive and sympathetic to my past issues with their products and service and did not press on any further. Sorry but all that plus their suspiciously high employee turnover takes them out of the game for me. Others have had much better experiences. Time will tell.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 10:08:24 AM »
You can try Anatol bwahahahaha

I recd a call Monday from a new rep from Anatol. He was quite attentive and sympathetic to my past issues with their products and service and did not press on any further. Sorry but all that plus their suspiciously high employee turnover takes them out of the game for me. Others have had much better experiences. Time will tell.

Totally agree. I have actually received 3 of those same calls, they stopped calling me after that but I know of at least 2 people that took the position since they stopped calling. The calls ALL went  something like"I am here to make a change. Things are different now. Now we have seemed to have misplaced the list of issues you have had since month 1, can you send it again please?" I actually was so pissed(If you cant tell from my pro anatol comments) once, when a new guy called to introduce himself, I thanked him and advised him to not hang any pictures on the wall in his office. It would save him time in 2 months when he needed to take them down....

Back to the original topic, I hope the issue is fixable, and if it is easy please let us know!
I checked the press this morning, when we do halftones, we have it at about a 10 angle with just under 10 for pressure with minimal off contact. So we seem to be close to in the same boat there.

The whole thing is a shame because when their presses work they are good machines. It is just the company behind them that is disgusting.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 10:19:28 AM »
I know another press like that(I own it).  The nice thing is there are 2 parts suppliers, the better one is cheaper. ;)

I feel like a US company could start stocking parts for the 2 presses and do very well with an online store...very well.  Same day shipping, blah, blah.

While I don't think they make the best press, M&R has the best service...also, there are so many independent techs out there that work on them too.  Kinda like tajima, they are so popular, that techs almost have to know how to work on them to make a living.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
Best of luck to Anatol, but unfortunately we've all (well, many of us) heard that they've turned a corner and getting better but then you still continue to see and hear the contrary.  I get a call from a new rep every couple of months but I don't call back or take the calls.  There is one common denominator in this, and as long as that doesn't change, I don't see any long term improvements being made.  Again, just my opinion on the matter.  And when I was press shopping, the Anatol was high on the list due to it's features and price.  At the time they did have a nice loyal employee working his butt off, along with another young guy that was passionate and hard working, but those two saw the writing on the wall and I do think they were a part of the solution and not the problem.  I think we all know the problem, but how do you fix that?  I'd love to pick Paul and Matt's brain on that subject, I bet they got some stories.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 10:56:08 AM »
Brad I agree with you, I don't think M&R make the best press, but Rich has the best service and always willing to back up his products old or new and that's a big plus for anyone owning his products,  Anatol I think has the best bang for the bucks for there products and a pretty nice press with issues here and there, and there main issue is not having a ton techs running all over the place.  Would I buy another Anatol yes, I would love to give them advice on some things that really need to be fix or redesigned, my press has been great to this point, but you expect things to break down over the years and I think thats whats happen right now, but nothing major.   Parts price yep buddy I think cost a little to much from Anatol so  yes I've found parts from other places cheaper for one I bought an Air/oiler from another company for $55 bucks complete unit which if I bought from anatol would have coast me $100 plus bucks and the heat bulbs for the Rapid wave flash I paid like $98 and some change a pc from anatol and found another place and got them for $58 and change big difference.  Again I would still buy another Anatol I might want to make a trip to them before it hit my floor.  Thoughts all over the place before I forget here,is it possible to have one chopper weaker than the other causing you to apply more pressure to one side...that could very well be my problem on that kip lever slipping.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 10:57:49 AM »
Keep an eye on cheap oilers.  I got one that didn't oil...that is dangerous.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »
Brad I agree with you, I don't think M&R make the best press, but Rich has the best service and always willing to back up his products old or new and that's a big plus for anyone owning his products,

I agree with this also.

Anatol I think has the best bang for the bucks

I would agree with this on their 2 lowest level auto presses. Once you start getting into SOME of the Stratus and all of the Vindicator and Trident - Not a chance. I actually know a place that has a Vindicator, and will never buy another anatol product again.
I think anatol survives on their presses that are under $25k. Some people love them and have had nothing but good luck, and that is awesome for them. But I am willing to wager a large amount that a large majority of anatol owners would NOT buy another anatol if they were upgrading or adding another press.
When we added a second auto it would of been nice to have another machine that had the same operating setup because it would of been familiar, but anatol was not even considered. That actually says a lot, because the local rep for our supplies that sells anatol I actually consider a friend. 

I'm sure a Vindicator or a Trident would be a kick a$$ machine, the company that supports them and kinda stands behind them, not so much.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 06:03:23 PM »
TCT you could be right, John from anatol call me today checking to see if everything was alright,  If I had more space in my building I very well could have bought an M&R, but Anatol fit the bill and was very nice before and after the sell...I think they lost a great guy with Paul.  Sometimes you got to pay to play with the big boys being M&R is like giant right now in screenprint auto's, maybe not the best or cheapest press but has great!!! service after the sell.  I'll let everyone know if this problem gets fixed or if it's user error.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »
I thought screen printers were exempt from operator error... Didn't you get the memo?
Alex

www.twincitytees.com