Author Topic: Silicone Ink from Source One  (Read 20932 times)

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
Silicone Ink from Source One
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »
So we went to ISS AC and I once again got an earful about the silicone ink.  since we print a lot of poly and under armour type of materials I said great lets give it a shot...got a sample from Rob Coleman and did our testing...Today we ran 500 poly shorts from Augusta...HOLY CRAP....one hit white on Navy. looks great soft touch and you can stretch it til it rips ( I did that)

while this ink is a little bit more expensive, it also has zero dye migration since it cures at 280. and only 1 screen and no flash...

this is great and look forward to working with this ink more and more.

sam

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Re: Silicone Ink from Source One
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:57:49 AM »
I'd love to get into this stuff for the spandex/cotton blends, if nothing else.  No pigments yet though, right?

Do you mind sharing a few details on print parameters?  Mesh count, stencil, double/single stroke, etc?

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:01:25 AM »
Nice, we just got our kit this week and can't wait to try it.

What mesh were you running?

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »
Sure..

we used a 156 mesh coated 2/2  soft squeegee, print stroke very slow 1 hit white.  I will go take a video...

sam

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 11:09:47 AM »
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MyqTj9sxQDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »

final image with silicone ink...so slick!!!this is one hit white..

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »
Yep, I got mine too but never got a chance to try it.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 11:23:25 AM »
how's the body? thick and pasty or thinnish?

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »
smooth and feels like discharge or waterbased

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 11:31:40 AM »
Are you guys members of a secret society? I have been trying to get my hands on some silicone ink for two months now and can't seem to get anyone to help me. A couple of e-mails to Nazdar, talking to my distributor, etc.
Dale Hoyal

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
I want some.  Are they just selling it as a sample kit?  Who do I need to talk to at Nazdar to procure me some of this stuff?  I'm assuming it's not on the website.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »
Lets hear about pricing!
"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 11:37:01 AM »
You guys should have been in Atlantic City!

Kidding, we were with Pierre when he was talking to Rob and Peter, and we scored a quart each :)  (At least I got the quart)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 12:34:22 PM »
this is in pre release stage. White and black should be readily available, don't know about colors. We are testing it for Nazdar so we have few colors here, but I don't know if they have been officially released.

My understanding is that you can purchase it already even though it has not been launched. It does print a little different from plastisol and waterbased inks so they want to make sure it is used correctly. It is very easy to print with, I think it's the best clearing ink I've seen and it deposits enough in just one stroke! But even under those circumstances, some knucklehead might not pay attention and start badmouthing the product. I was told they want to make sure the product is used properly so it does not get an unwarranted bad reputation.

Anybody wanting to try it should probably talk to their Nazdar rep. If that does not get you anywhere, send me a PM and I'll pass your info to the right ppl (which means exactly that, getting your request to somebody. I have no pull to make anything happen, but will gladly send the request along).

pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »
I am very excited for this ink to finally come around. It has been over two years since we first tested it. We had to drop it because our client could not wait this long. However, once this stuff is available I will be all over it!