Author Topic: Silicone Ink from Source One  (Read 21023 times)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
Re: Silicone Ink from Source One
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 03:35:39 PM »
Are you guys members of a secret society? I have been trying to get my hands on some silicone ink for two months now and can't seem to get anyone to help me. A couple of e-mails to Nazdar, talking to my distributor, etc.

The ink is available for sampling and as others have said is in pre-release.  Either drop me an emial (my complete contcat info is in my profile) or connect with Rob Coleman at rcoleman@nazdar.com and either one of us will get you hooked up. 

I am not sure who you previously contacted at Nazdar but I dont belive that Graphic Solutions Group (GSG) the Nazdar Distributor in Texas is going to carry the ImageStar/DOW Corning range of Silicon Ready For Use colors or the Pigment Concentrate and Mixing Base matching system.

after you test and qualify this product it's likley that you may need to order from your nearest Nazdar SourceOne location.

Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 03:40:52 PM »
How does this compare to the Union HSA ink? We've been printing with that for a while and it sounds real similar to what you guys are talking about here. We pretty much treat it like a waterbase ink( it dries in the screen) so at times it's a pita for us on hot summer days with no humidity. We have had really great results with it though for certain applications and I believe it's a rubberized type ink. I'm sure someone can share some info but you might want to give the hsa(high solids acrylic) a try.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 03:47:58 PM »
How does this compare to the Union HSA ink? We've been printing with that for a while and it sounds real similar to what you guys are talking about here. We pretty much treat it like a waterbase ink( it dries in the screen) so at times it's a pita for us on hot summer days with no humidity. We have had really great results with it though for certain applications and I believe it's a rubberized type ink. I'm sure someone can share some info but you might want to give the hsa(high solids acrylic) a try.

Danny:  The ImageStar/ DOW silicone ink is a totally different animal to any of the High Solids Acrylic Water base ink Systems. Silicone inks are a catalyzed system with a low cure tem, excellent screen stability, adhesion, bleed resistance, and stretch ability especially designed for printing on performance wear fabrics.  If you're interested in further information ahead of the official launch, please feel free to reach out to Rob Coleman or me and we'll get you taken care of.
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 04:25:25 PM »

not even close, not even in the same ballpark! We treat the Silicone ink as regular plastisol when printing and do not see it drying in the screen. It does use a catalyst, so it has to be reclaimed/washed right away.

It sounds familiar, but it really isn't. Get a sample and try it out.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
Are you guys members of a secret society? I have been trying to get my hands on some silicone ink for two months now and can't seem to get anyone to help me. A couple of e-mails to Nazdar, talking to my distributor, etc.

It was a secret society that ganged up on me in Atlantic City!!  :)  hehe!  It was GREAT spending time with Pierre and the rest!!

Serious - we are in the process of commercializing the RFU color palette.  Guess what ... It matches up the new Wilflex Top Score athletic colors ... so now you have the same basic color palette available from SourceOne in two different chemistries!  Both are designed for Performance Wear and Poly printing.

The Silicone is awesome!
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 04:33:47 PM »
Thanks Peter. 

GUYS (gals) - Anyone that is interested, please contact me directly at my contact information in my sig!

rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »

final image with silicone ink...so slick!!!this is one hit white..

Sorry for the multiple posts -- but I had to give a shout to Sam --- sweet print!  Thanks for posting the video as well!
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »
would this work for screened transfers as well? i'm thinking about how great this would be to print on polyester foam hats
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Rob Coleman

Silicone Ink from Source One
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »
would this work for screened transfers as well? i'm thinking about how great this would be to print on polyester foam hats

I cannot imagine that it would.  You have to add a catalyst to make the ink crosslink and adhere.

Nothing will stick to it once it is cured.  Even reheating.  You can put a transfer press down on a cured film and it will not stick to it.
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 09:37:04 PM »
I'm ordering shirts on Monday and hopefully printing some next week on Manual machine. I will post the results after that.
I have seen the shirts Pierre did, you can not compare this to anything else. Really nice, smooth, thin print on polyester shirts, and at the same time elastic and opaque.

SWEET

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2013, 12:37:07 AM »
Whats the length of time it has to be at 280?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2013, 09:15:01 AM »
Blue..it is 1 minute in heat at 280...

results = awesomeness

sam

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2013, 09:30:13 AM »
Whats the length of time it has to be at 280?

it cures at 275 or so and we were told not to pass 300. Just make sure it is not wet when it exits the dryer. From what I've been told and have seen, it will completely harden on its own (because of the catalyst). Theoretically, you could never run it through the dryer and it should still work!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
SourceOne is sending a sample my way next week.   :)
Dale Hoyal

Offline Rob Coleman

Silicone Ink from Source One
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »
SourceOne is sending a sample my way next week.   :)

Welcome to the "Club"!  ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
rcoleman@nazdar.com