Author Topic: Filmmaker V3 problems  (Read 6037 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Filmmaker V3 problems
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »
See, that's what keeps me with AR, I've never got an error message.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
I hear ya on the pre-feed Dave. Our 9000 likes to throw a curveball occasionally so we pretty much babysit it every time it's printing.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »
See, that's what keeps me with AR, I've never got an error message.

agreed..BUT..I ran film maker today on my 4800 and the halftones -default settings, not linearized- are 10x better than anything I ever had with AR. I am searching for an update for AR, hoping I can get something close out of my 4800, or I am switching to film maker. I thought the printer was on the outs but thankfully it's the rip. Accurip has very limited settings compared to film maker, this program has settings to control settings. I need to look at wasatch too.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 08:23:59 PM »
Going down this same road and agreed all around.  There is an updated AR?  I'm not sure we've ever updated our copy.

I'm going to try out a higher end ink with AR.  I've noticed that the dots on 2880 are much better looking than the ones on 1440 setting, in fact they look to be about as good as it's going to get in terms of clean shape.  The catch is you can't control droplet size at 2880...derrrr.   So the films I get at 2880 with AR are shady....as in, not outright opaque.