Author Topic: Printing Plackets on an Auto?  (Read 4320 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Printing Plackets on an Auto?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
How about a foam top to the platen? And then notch the blade if needed.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »
I shim up the screen and use little pocket sized chunks of nitrile tacked on if we are doing a bunch and want to do them on the auto.
Taping the back where the buttons hit has kept me out of trouble, although I have had wear there anyway.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 02:57:32 PM »
Or, if it's easy to raise your off contact, build up the area next to the high seams and buttons.
I have pieces of dense foam sheets and neoprene and such for these and other problem garments.

This is what we do; we have 16 - 5x5 aluminum plates that we tack down to the main plate, raising the print surface on the left (or right, whichever). Adjust your squeegee to the proper height and print. Maybe you could put 3 strips of masking tape on the screen where it would ride over the buttons for that little extra protection.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Scobey Peterman

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 07:10:24 AM »
How many of these are you needing to do??
Quality over Quantity

Offline Lizard

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »
We use hard board (kind of like peg board without the holes).  Cut them in 5 wide by 16 long.  A whole set will cost a few bucks.  Stick them down with spray tack and you are good to go.  Adjust your chopper stop on the non printing side so the squeegee prints flat on the print side.  We have had the same boards for years.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 07:42:40 PM »
This was the first time I did plackets on the auto, you guys have some good ideas, when I get time I'm going to work on something.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 02:01:26 AM »
Or, if it's easy to raise your off contact, build up the area next to the high seams and buttons.
I have pieces of dense foam sheets and neoprene and such for these and other problem garments.

This is what we do; we have 16 - 5x5 aluminum plates that we tack down to the main plate, raising the print surface on the left (or right, whichever). Adjust your squeegee to the proper height and print. Maybe you could put 3 strips of masking tape on the screen where it would ride over the buttons for that little extra protection.

Steve

Oh, that's what we do to.  I have a stack of rectangles of rubber and yep, just tack 'em on there and pull off when done.

I thought there was a special pain in the butt issue here.  ^do this Daryl!^  If you raise the print area up and leave the buttons and such below your problems are solved.

Offline Grumpy Ole Artist

• Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 11:41:47 AM »
We use shoe sole material...About 1/4" thick...BITCH to cut into shape (About an inch larger than graphic) Tack down to platens, and roll! Raises the printing surface proud of plackets, pockets, buttons, etc.
Humor is the unexpected juxtaposition of incongruities.