Author Topic: Curiosity  (Read 18181 times)

AdvancedArtist

Re: Curiosity
« Reply #120 on: April 12, 2013, 02:49:48 AM »
So lets get this straight.. you say you are a success without DTD I agree with you and you ramble all this stuff and I am the child. You PS peeps never cease to amaze me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:26:02 AM by AdvancedArtist »

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2013, 03:33:20 AM »
There is only a problem if you expect to be taken seriously. Post like an adult.

Oh and one more thing if you are child acting out of line and behaving badly an adult will spank you,

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2013, 06:40:12 AM »
Slow down... lets look at the facts!

DTD Jumps in a thread in another forum and basically assaults me with a baseball bat in social media terms....

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/show-your-stuff-screen-printing-print-job-examples/t213335-2.html#post1258414

Lets look at this..

DTD... I've always had a burr under my saddle for those who like to kick people around to benefit themselves. I believe this program to be as good if not better than most sep programs. Not close to Coudreys, but still good.

DTD... Why nailing you down as some sort of creep? Because your actions of how you get where you are (are creepy).

DTD,, I still think Toms only true intent is to show his program doing something better looking than "a pro" only to sell more programs and piss on those he walks over getting there. That, I don't like at all. I can't help smelling dog squeeze. If it looks like it, smells like it and feels like it, it probably is.

DTD.. It's not "Tom or you that bother me. It's the actions more so from Tom. the "tactics" and the ( what I feel as being a mask of " education and "scientific Facts" that in the end are really Perseued to line his pockets.

Now in that thread I asked another separator not Dan to post his originals.. Dan spazes out with all these accusations and insults.

I think it is critical that you understand color and I do not aim all my training and videos at products. Actually I am painfully aware that people in places like Africa need to understand these things so I put up free videos without the plugins and explain these things so even if you can not afford a plugin you can learn it manually.

What does DTD say.. If you try to learn color separations as one man shop it will hurt your business.

Well enough of you here using my training know better...

If you are upset with me I can understand that but the guys like DTD don't reveal the secrets or science and things you need for your success. I take your success very seriously even if you cannot afford to pay for something.

I built www.opentshirts.org free open source.. why?

Because if you are just getting started you will be able to compete online if you want to put the work into it. Like I did with open source when I was just getting started.

And we are just getting start with color whats coming up is really going to blow you away...

I don't care if he said that all to you or not.  If he said it to you there keep it there.  This forum isn't that one.  You came here acting like a child.  That's the facts..... 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2013, 06:54:56 AM »
Yup, Brandt and Homer are both right.

How about BOTH of you guys just knock it the f*ck off.

Here is the deal...

Dan, your are the top sep-ster I've worked with, your stuff works first time in almost every case.  That is why I LOVE sending the complex stuff to you because I know I can print it.  Also, your art is great as well.  I noticed that almost all of the samples on the wall have either been designed and sepped by dan, or at least sepped by you.

Tom, your macros are freaking great.  They improve workflow and just plain make my life easier.  Simple Seps Raster is awesome, every job I have used it on has printed great.

Both of you guys are an asset to our industry...so let's act like adults and move on.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »
I'm chose not to feed this thread any more, the other night. This is it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Nick Bane

« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2013, 10:23:09 AM »
I am successful without DTD too what is the problem?

i think its mainly that you are acting like a cock.  I came here to not deal with crap from idiots like you, think im done here.
Bane Ink - 619-701-4283

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2013, 10:44:10 AM »
I do have to say that yes, this forum was established as a place where folks could hope to avoid this kind of thing, and it will not continue!

Tom, you and your vast CorelDRAW, color management, and software skills are welcome. Your anger and rabid rant is not. Please choose wisely.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2013, 11:00:48 AM »
I am successful without DTD too what is the problem?

i think its mainly that you are acting like a cock.  I came here to not deal with crap from idiots like you, think im done here.

Stick around Nick, no one wants to see you, or anyone else leave.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
Best bet would be for everyone to stop posting in this thread and just let things die off.
"No man is an island"

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2013, 12:37:11 PM »
When all else fails...

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2013, 01:09:10 AM »
Well interesting thread….

To all the analyst’s and name hurlers etc. If you got a mirror you can start there. I have not hurled a single name or analysis at anyone here. I have been factual and blunt. Which I can see why you might be offended by that and if I so I am sorry you are or were offended.

I tend to be blunt that is my personality I dig up the facts and present the solutions in truth. I have very little tolerance for things that are not based in facts. If you believe something that is not based in fact and discuss it with me I will tell you if you are wrong. I guess that is just me.

Now my position concerning color and separations, like it or not we as an industry have suffered serious issues in the color arena and as a result there is allot of misunderstanding and very bad information floating around. Because of that things like Simulated Process are far more difficult than they ever should have been.

Let’s look at the typical sim process work flow.. Which by the way is very little separation and lots of color correction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oy_GZlxtHg

This workflow is more color correction than color separation. All the tone curving and masking etc  is a night mare work flow. Which is why only a few can handle it. And with all of the human judgment calls no wonder it has been such a problem.

Why is that what happened to the color?

Screen Printing CMYK Separations CorelDRAW compared to PhotoShop

This is color separation I correct nothing in this simple separation process.

HSB and Screen Printing

However had my colors been pushed around I would have had to do allot of correction. There is a huge difference between color correction and color separation.
I have not referred to my products in this thread I am not trying to push anything except the fact that we as an industry need a color correction. A correction that will open up separation to the masses in the correct color space and color model for screen printing.

When it comes to you my friends, your lives, your work and the labor with which you feed your children I am as serious as a heart attack.

Case in point CorelDRAW X5 was a POS I refused to endorse it… That cost me believe me.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/graphics-design-help/t154021.html

There is a reason why HSB seps work I understand all the math and science behind it. There is a reason why people say things even in this thread like..

I am still amazed…

It is just working with the correct tools in the correct color spaces and color models.

We are going to take all this allot deeper and deeper we go the easier it is going to get.

If you hate me for being me I have no problem with that. But don’t hate message because we need it. Because we all need to be color pros and get the best color prints we can out the door. Every print that goes out of your shop is an advertisement for you. If your clients have the best and most colorful t-shirts that speaks for you and your business.

Again if I offended you I am sorry.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 02:20:55 AM by AdvancedArtist »