Author Topic: A remedy for emulsion stains in image, preventing ink from flowing thru mesh???  (Read 2564 times)

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
What the hell,

this one's for you Dave  ;D
you should sell those that's great!

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
or at least a poster for the darkroom

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Seriously. Poor exposures are so often over looked. I know some have their times/ units dialed in so tight it hurts. I like to think I'm one of them. But there are others that blow my mind. I can't use names, but I know a company that is doing both CTS and film, and they insist on using one "time" for every mesh from 86 to 305. Maybe I'm just using the wrong emulsion. I can push it a lot further than most, being CTS, but I wouldn't dream of trying that. Why knowingly set yourself up to fail? Screen making is the most important part of screenprinting. (maybe not, but that's what I say about every job someone does here, because to THEM it should be). Rant ends here.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline cvreeland

One of my very first "innovations" back in the 80's was a vertical drying rack for the freshly-rinsed screens. We had a problem with slime until I replaced it with a horizontal one.

1. Properly expose -- it lessens the problem, but still:
2. Blot with newsprint -- don't wipe, or you will wipe slime into the image area.
3. Dry horizontally.

A properly exposed screen will also reclaim more easily & completely.
Owner, writer Art Wear - a screen printing blog

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Actually a properly exposed screen can/should be wiped .
Slime=unexposed emulsion. We immediately drag a window squeegee across screens after rinseout and blast with compressed air. They dry in seconds

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
Agreed. I don't remember the last time I had scum in an image area. Oh yeah I do. The last time messed up and underexposed.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA