Author Topic: CorelDRAW X6 Fit text to Path  (Read 3035 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
CorelDRAW X6 Fit text to Path
« on: April 11, 2013, 05:21:17 PM »
I want to place some text at the bottom of a circle, but don't see the button to click for that position like I did in X4 (Granted, I always also needed to click "Place on other side"

That still seemed easier than what I just did which was to drag it down and mirror it in two different directions along with nudging it with the Distance to Path and Offset.

Is this control missing or do I just have to wake it up?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: CorelDRAW X6 Fit text to Path
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »
I want to place some text at the bottom of a circle, but don't see the button to click for that position like I did in X4 (Granted, I always also needed to click "Place on other side"

That still seemed easier than what I just did which was to drag it down and mirror it in two different directions along with nudging it with the Distance to Path and Offset.

Is this control missing or do I just have to wake it up?

After selecting Text, try clicking the circle which should display 'edge' and you just start typing (after setting font and size).  If you have text on the top of the circle and want it on the bottom, try double clicking the text (till blue) using the Pick tool, drag it around to the bottom.  Use the Mirror Text buttons to invert if needed.

Then again, I may have misunderstood the problem and need to wake up myself. 

Seems pretty easy to drag all over the place to where you want it.  Perhaps I never used the 'old' buttons, lol.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:23:03 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers