Author Topic: E cigarettes  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: E cigarettes
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 08:06:57 AM »
If you want to smoke, call your state, they might have a program for "quitters" ;).
I got a month supply of patches, and I was due to receive another month. I have quit smoking and stopped using them after only two weeks.

Good luck

I meant to say:
If you want to quit smoking    ::)

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 11:23:11 AM »
"Quitting smoking is the easiest thing in the world, I've done it a thousand times."

Mark Twain

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
I was really never a heavy smoker (a pack a day) but I quit right after my first daughter was born which coincided with the death of a very dear friend who died of lung cancer at the age of 27. She had a one in the ash tray and one in the hand constantly. It was the best thing I ever did. I could not believe how much better I felt.  The thing I found is I was always using a smoke as a reward. I'll do this first and have a cig. type thing. It became as much as a psychological addiction as anything else.  I got into running and that helped.  It took me about a year before I quit craving but now the smell of smoke makes me sick. I can't stand to go into a "smoker's home" or anyplace (bars) where smoking is allowed.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 12:30:42 PM »
Sounds like a real opportunity here. How about an e-smoke app for your smart-ass phones?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »
I found E-Cigarettes to reduce the number of real cigarettes I smoke, but not stop completely.
My girlfriend calls it a machine.

I am however one of those lucky people that can take or leave smoking. Except when I'm drinking.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »
After 25+ years of smoking I finally quit.  I cheated though and used Chantix.  That stuff was amazing.  I still have a crave here and there but I don't want to light up.  I feel so much better.  I also get more crap done because I'm not stopping and having a smoke break.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »
I used to smoke about 4 of 'em before I left the house for work in the morning. The first few with a cup of coffee while I read the paper, or sitting in a bar, were the ones I missed the most.
The guys I know who smoke the e-cigs buy their stuff from 3rd party vendors, and I guess aside from the nicotine, there's a bunch of flavorings you can get, including bubble-gum.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2011, 10:56:15 PM »
you can do it. I started in '64 and quit in '81, a 2 pack a day smoker, and Marlboros to boot. Though it may not be for everyone,  I used hypnosis. 4 visits, and it's as though I never started. Every single trigger, like after food, or sex of course 8), or waking up in the morning for that matter, was gone. Remember, you had to teach yourself to smoke, to over ride the choking reflex. The last 3 days I smoked, I was allowed to have 5 a day; I smoked all 5 before 9:00 am, then went the rest of the day without. That's when I knew that I had quit, really quit, deep down inside, to the point that there was no withdrawal at all. Like Nike says, just do it.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 12:00:39 AM »
Anyone remember their FIRST smoke? I was about 14 and my sister had taken up smoking (Larks) behind my folks back. I knew where she kept 'em so I swiped one and went out onto the carport and lit up. Was really going to town, feeling all tough, and then the wave of nausea came over me. I didn't hurl, but damn near did. Aside from just puffing on one once in awhile, or smoking Swisher Sweets and Hav-A-Tampa Jewels while getting drunk at the drive-in, that was it for real smoking until I started college.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 08:09:16 PM »
I have tried the E-Cig and it just never caught on with me.
How much is the Chantix regimin?

Offline inkbrigade

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 03:31:21 AM »
for all of you that didn't quit some of my "Friends" buy from this place.
http://www.cigoutlet.net/
-------------------------------
Wish List / Let me know if your selling any of the following:  Newman (Stretch Devices) Orange Screen Racks and Press Carts
Saturn Screen Racks / Press Cart