Author Topic: Google, Zazzle, Dot-Tone-Designs and TheShirtBoard Co branding. ;)  (Read 876 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Funny, I just noticed my art being marketed through Google adds (from Zazzle) on our forum here. HAHA!

That google is smart. Those crawlers must see the connection of Dot-Tone-Designs on here...and my Dot-Tone Designs...on Zazzle, and direct it's Zazzle ads here as a result.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Re: Google, Zazzle, Dot-Tone-Designs and TheShirtBoard Co branding. ;)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »
Are you sure someone hasn't stolen your art and made a Zazzle account?
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »
Are you sure someone hasn't stolen your art and made a Zazzle account?

I thought that "borrowed" artwork was all but a requirement for places like Zazzle!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:08:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure or Pretty sure nobodies has stolen it anyways. I've had the Zazzle account and selling that art for about 2 years now.

Haven't sold (that much) to make much more effort on it using them as a vehicle. I've seen it before on the right side page of a google search...but have only recently seen it on our forum in the google ads.  It seems to be a good colorful image that make the old ladies go Aaaawe. So they use it a good bit. It's in their guidelines to be able to use it in google ads and others to promote sales.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 06:21:32 PM »
Oh... I see, YOU are the thief. Stealing your own art and opening a Zazzle account to sell your own art so that Zazzle can sell its services with your art...

Could be coincidence, but if it does indeed randomly select images from its own database, yeah, I bet the images are tailored to some kind of keyword monkey business.

So thanks to Zazzle's investment in this technology, it has succeeded in advertising your own art to yourself. You should complete the circle and place an order of your own art.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs