Author Topic: Another Color Correction HSB moving to HWB  (Read 8547 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Another Color Correction HSB moving to HWB
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
so here is a thing and somebody please correct me and point out if I am wrong.

The only thing that Tom said was that he believes this will make the separators obsolete. He even acknowledges that he disagrees with others (i.e. this is his opinion) without bashing anybody. He states what he believes are facts about color theory, separations and programs used to do it. Nobody has disputed any of that so far.

Not in one place did he pick on anybody else or put somebody down (this has happened before, but not since Tom agreed to stop doing it). He sees the potential and as they discover new things (while working on it). He posts his findings in a rather excited manner (which I would do too. Remember all the pictures I was posting of the prints we were doing? It was not bragging, well maybe a little, but I was genuinely excited about the stuff we were doing. I can see Tom's enthusiasm for what's going on). he even went as far as saying not to switch to Corel (which would potentially benefit him), but to hold on as they are working on the stuff for PS. Is he loud in his excitement? Absolutely! Is he promoting his product (guerilla style)? Possibly, but I honestly don't think that is the reason post are they way they are. He really is pushing some info out to get it out. If you check the videos he is doing with Jeff, almost all of the stuff is out there for us to do on our own without paying for it! That is sharing. I will also say that yes, he is trying to make money from it, but most of us are. And how many of us have actually put up the videos that explain how to do a lot of the things we are selling?

So unless I am missing something here (in which case I apologize and please point it out for me) let's let Tom post what he has to say and let those of us who are interested in reading it be able to do so.

thank you,

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »
I must of missed the videos. I will look for the videos when I have time. So this is not a program like the rest of sep programs? It sounds interesting.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:02:49 PM by Jon »

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
I must of missed the videos. I will look for the videos when I have time. So this is not a program like the rest of sep programs? It sounds interesting.

simple seps is a program like many others. That's about all I know about the Corel side.

Not sure what the goal is for Photoshop, but I watched videos from Jeff where he shows how they are doing things. Anybody following can figure out how to do it on their own (which I actually did before Tom started talking about it here. My action script is loosely based on what they were explaining and is a one click sep that produces rather poor results since I stopped tweaking it before it was done. But right now, I can click one button and get HSB seps in photoshop thanx to the videos they posted.). I don't know how long will they leave the videos up, but few weeks back it was still on youtube. Eventually I am sure they will sell some sort of a program for those not wanting to spend 20 hours watching the videos and recording the actions.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 05:50:59 PM »

simple seps is a program like many others. That's about all I know about the Corel side.

Not sure what the goal is for Photoshop, but I watched videos from Jeff where he shows how they are doing things. Anybody following can figure out how to do it on their own (which I actually did before Tom started talking about it here. My action script is loosely based on what they were explaining and is a one click sep that produces rather poor results since I stopped tweaking it before it was done. But right now, I can click one button and get HSB seps in photoshop thanx to the videos they posted.). I don't know how long will they leave the videos up, but few weeks back it was still on youtube. Eventually I am sure they will sell some sort of a program for those not wanting to spend 20 hours watching the videos and recording the actions.

pierre

I think most sep programs are just actions in PS. I tried one and was not impressed. I will have to find the videos. If they really work then it would be great. They still can't do the stuff Dan and other pro sep guys do . You need a brain to sep some jobs. Well that may exclude Dan from my last statement. Sorry Dan, just kidding.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 05:52:20 PM »
Can someone clear up what HSB and HWB is???

Offline aauusa

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
so here is a thing and somebody please correct me and point out if I am wrong.

The only thing that Tom said was that he believes this will make the separators obsolete. He even acknowledges that he disagrees with others (i.e. this is his opinion) without bashing anybody. He states what he believes are facts about color theory, separations and programs used to do it. Nobody has disputed any of that so far.

Not in one place did he pick on anybody else or put somebody down (this has happened before, but not since Tom agreed to stop doing it). He sees the potential and as they discover new things (while working on it). He posts his findings in a rather excited manner (which I would do too. Remember all the pictures I was posting of the prints we were doing? It was not bragging, well maybe a little, but I was genuinely excited about the stuff we were doing. I can see Tom's enthusiasm for what's going on). he even went as far as saying not to switch to Corel (which would potentially benefit him), but to hold on as they are working on the stuff for PS. Is he loud in his excitement? Absolutely! Is he promoting his product (guerilla style)? Possibly, but I honestly don't think that is the reason post are they way they are. He really is pushing some info out to get it out. If you check the videos he is doing with Jeff, almost all of the stuff is out there for us to do on our own without paying for it! That is sharing. I will also say that yes, he is trying to make money from it, but most of us are. And how many of us have actually put up the videos that explain how to do a lot of the things we are selling?

So unless I am missing something here (in which case I apologize and please point it out for me) let's let Tom post what he has to say and let those of us who are interested in reading it be able to do so.

thank you,

pierre

Thanks Pierre,  I was not able to explain it as well as you.  But everything you have said is spot on the money.  Now if the people who diagree with AA can express why they do without bashing him or calling names then we will be able to grow and move on.

We are a small shop per say and I do all of the art and all of the seps and all of the burning and all of the printing and on and on and on.  So if something is new and allows me to streamline any part of that process then well it is for me cause I still cannot figure out how to get 30 hours in a day.

I will not leave the site either that is just as childish as the name calling in spanish that went on after my post.  I just do not have the time nor the will to go through all of the BS post in a thread to get to the meat and potatoes.  I do know what a friendly forum is and abide by the rules, and i did translate the spanish as well and "my penis is on fire" what does that have to do with anything at all, why was it posted.  Also "In any language it is the same bastard"  this was some of the spanish also,  why post this it is not constructive at all.

These are the thing which i find to be very rude and childish.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2013, 06:01:19 PM »
One thing Tom does not show is how photo paint creates the monochromes, I wish I knew the exact way that happens but seriously I would not blame him for not revealing that secret since it is an,integral part of his software.
"No man is an island"

Offline starchild

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 06:09:26 PM »
One thing Tom does not show is how photo paint creates the monochromes, I wish I knew the exact way that happens but seriously I would not blame him for not revealing that secret since it is an,integral part of his software.

Well in one of his vids, he stated he didn't have the time to get into showing how to convert to monochrome. So I don't think he's holding back, he just did not get around to it yet.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 07:48:47 AM »
this is just silly! as soon as I get a chance a lot of this stuff will be cut!
instead of reacting, sleep on it before posting please.

pierre

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 09:20:54 AM »
OK, this has been cleaned up with a rather heavy hand. Some things were removed that potentially could have stayed. My apologies to those posters.

If you are going to post in this thread, please make sure it is on topic. Anybody not interested in a meaningful conversation, please move on, these are not the droids you are looking for . . .

pierre

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
I was wondering why it was 5 pages at the end of the day yesterday, and only 2 this morning. Good job Pierre. I still haven't had time to really delve into the process as I'd like, but I'm very enthused to learn other ways, especially answers to questions I've had in my mind for a while. Though I wasn't crazy about Tom's earlier postings, the info was very interesting, and I'm glad he's sharing what he's sharing. I don't run Corel, but theory is extremely useful. When he says that we need to understand color better than we may now (obviously some more or less than others) he's correct. I knew that red and yellow makes orange when I was a kid, but thinking of color in 3 dimensions came much later, and is wholly beneficial.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 10:27:06 AM »

Well in one of his vids, he stated he didn't have the time to get into showing how to convert to monochrome. So I don't think he's holding back, he just did not get around to it yet.

Tom,

can you explain the monochrome part for us please?

thanx!

pierre

Offline starchild

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 10:57:54 AM »

Tom,

can you explain the monochrome part for us please?

thanx!

pierre

Corel makes everything seem so streamlined. Me thinks me like..
In Photoshop using a color overlay fx adjustment layer should yield the same result.
I figure the use of monochrome in Corel is due to the fact that unlike photoshop, it cannot use the spot color option in channels or the color overlay in layer fx

Gimme some more Corel Tom..
We want monochrome.. We want monochrome..

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 12:35:54 PM »
Monochromes are the coolest thing ever...seriously, ever.

It looks just like a grayscale bitmap, shading, everything, but you can change the color of the object just like it is vector.

It's awesome....probably the best thing Corel has going for it.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »
Monochromes are the coolest thing ever...seriously, ever.

It looks just like a grayscale bitmap, shading, everything, but you can change the color of the object just like it is vector.

It's awesome....probably the best thing Corel has going for it.

how is it done?

pierre