Author Topic: Help  (Read 1605 times)

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
Help
« on: May 14, 2013, 01:09:42 PM »
What's wrong with this? My tensions are good because I've done other jobs and tension tests on these, but when I run this job it looks crappy like this. Satin stitches with zig zag underlay on the text, and a tatami 30 with contour underlay on the softball.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:11:55 PM »
To me its the material, its not a flat smooth surface so threads are going to be a little wonky. Best thing for that is topping. 30 is pretty dense for tatami I usually run tatami with a tatami underlay 36 to 38.
"No man is an island"

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 01:18:47 PM »
Okay, this is a moisture wicking polo, its just bunched up from the picture. So are you saying that maybe I should use topping on those type shirts?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 01:23:20 PM »
Which backing are you using?
Also, too much density will do it too.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
Wait I just looked closer your edge quality isnt bad so I was wrong about the topping. It looks like your talking about the loops. Sorry but that always turns out to be a tension issue for us. Usually some tweaking to the upper tension knob helps. Maybe double up the backing one cut away and one tear away.

And yea any textured surface that has small type or detail we use topping, your type is pretty large.

"No man is an island"

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
Help
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 01:27:17 PM »
Yeah I wish it was thinner text. I don't want to over tighten the tension, but I am new to this so maybe that's it. Do you think that it could have anything to do with bobbin tension?

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
Help
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 01:28:16 PM »
Also, thanks for helping. That's why I love coming to the forums... Call the companies and sometimes you get help sometimes you don't. Sometimes the person knows what they're talking about but not always.

My first thought for support is to come here!

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 01:37:48 PM »
To be honest those loopies are sometimes just part of the game. We get them sometimes on different materials and nothing seems to help. No worries tho a quick pass with a lighter and they shrink down. Never cut them tho or else it gets worse. Some people get really in to it and actually pull the loop tight from the back side, have fun finding the right thread lol.

I think in this case its the material and backing. If your confident the tensions are good and to really make positive run the same logo on a smooth material and have a look see. That will confirm for you if its the material or something with your tensions.

I guess if your bobbin tensions was to tight it might cause loops tho I am not so sure about that, your timing being off a bit could also cause loops and needle height being to high or low could as well. But usually with those issues you would have other symptoms like missed stitches.

"No man is an island"

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
Help
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »
Do you think too much of an underlay could cause loops?

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 03:12:41 PM »
What type of thread are you using?  we got a ton more loops with poly and went back to rayon.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 03:23:47 PM »
We are using poly, and that's what we have been instructed to use.

We used a new thinner font and this thing looks so much better now...

New question: When embroidering, my rotary tension disks aren't spinning but when I lift up the little plastic cover thingy (not sure what it's called) the disk spins freely and it seems as if more thread flows through. My question is, is the disk supposed to spin freely? I am assuming yes. If so, what can I do to ensure it spins freely because right now it's not.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 12:58:07 AM »
Snap a pic of the back. Lets see the tension. I would run topping on that polo. Looks like some of the fill stitches are falling into the holes in your Tatami. I think it is a combo of tension and the need for topping to keep the stitches up.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin