Author Topic: Toy's  (Read 10928 times)

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
Toy's
« on: May 22, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »
What ya think, haul some hay in this sucker?  Decided since selling my other custom truck I wanted to do a brand new truck.  So I bought this truck and had it shipped to a custom shop and had them build a new suspension for it and set it up for some big billet wheels.  All hand made suspension parts including rear link bars, front upper and lower control arms, and other goodies.  Truck had 27 miles on it when they cut the factory suspension off it and I have yet to see the truck in person.  I bought it over email from the dealer.  Most of you wont like it, but I thought id share. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Toy's
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 04:11:58 PM »
what I don't like is you inappropriate use of an apostrophe.

I don't like the truck that much, but those suspension parts are downright sexy,

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 04:12:47 PM »
It looks cool but I don't dig that thing sticking out the front end so much.
"No man is an island"

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
Well Brandt it's a nice looking truck...nice to look at, don't think it would be fun to drive everyday more like a show truck....my vette is fun to drive but not every day it's low and that truck got me beat by a mile LOL...enjoy my friend

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 04:17:21 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of trucks, but I'm a huge fan of custom metal work (i.e. the suspension).  Very cool.

Is that all stainless?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 04:18:56 PM »
Well Brandt it's a nice looking truck...nice to look at, don't think it would be fun to drive everyday more like a show truck....my vette is fun to drive but not every day it's low and that truck got me beat by a mile LOL...enjoy my friend

Darryl

Its adjustable suspension, it was built to be used as my daily driver.  It's got the "Hemi" lol.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 04:19:30 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of trucks, but I'm a huge fan of custom metal work (i.e. the suspension).  Very cool.

Is that all stainless?

Not not stainless, just steel, was all powder coated before assembly. 

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 04:30:42 PM »

picked this up over the winter....

time to get dirty!

sam

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
Sam, you're turning me on.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »
What's that Sam a 250cc or 500cc, I like that to, you can tear up some ground

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »

picked this up over the winter....

time to get dirty!

sam

Nice!  Friend and I ride WR250's and take multiple trips to Hatfield McCoy trails in WV.  It's a blast!

Don't have pics of my latest project but it's a '66 mustang coupe that'll have a single turbo 5.0 in it hopefully this summer!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
nice looking truck. You have to appreciate the detail and engineering even if it's not my style.

Sam, that a thumper?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
Nice. How adjustable is the suspension? Is it just me or does that photo look faked???  :P :P :P

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 05:36:17 PM »
it is a 426...right before they went to the 450's...the thing is a beast...we made it street legal so I could ride to trails vs trailer it...

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 06:57:46 PM »
I normally like my suspension mods to raise the height of my vehicle but I can appreciate all that goes into that truck.  I knew adding all the goodies to my ride would be expensive but damn, it still seems like when I think I have bought everything I want for it, something else pops up.  Now I'm debating on whether to add new upper control arms to the suspension or leave it stock for now.  I've got the lift, tires, and the bumper is on order, and the snorkel is also waiting to be installed.  I'm currently buying mods for my cruiser and in about 5-6 months it will look a lot like this.

I've got a dirtbike in the garage but it ain't near as purdy as Sam's so I'll refrain from posting a pick of it till it's back to it's former glory.  Haven't ridden since the last accident.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.