Author Topic: HOW MUCH INK!?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: HOW MUCH INK!?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 12:47:33 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks a 272 is too high for white?  Meaning, the pressure it takes to pass the ink through the mesh is so great that it will undoubtedly be driven into the base garment?  If I were going for a one hit I'd use a 150 or 135 with a 2/3 or 2/4 stencil, fast stroke with either a V blade or almost straight-up regular squeegee.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »
Canvas is odd in that the fabric itself is not absorbent like a regular t-shirt material, but depending
on the weave of the fabric, can require quite a bit of ink and pressure to fill in the valleys.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 03:15:27 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks a 272 is too high for white?  Meaning, the pressure it takes to pass the ink through the mesh is so great that it will undoubtedly be driven into the base garment?  If I were going for a one hit I'd use a 150 or 135 with a 2/3 or 2/4 stencil, fast stroke with either a V blade or almost straight-up regular squeegee.

we tried a 156, but it laid down such a thick amount of ink, and still wasn't clearing in one pass. For the screen i had it coated 1/1 with the round edge, but we use the xenon nova emulsion and it's thick as it is, so that was just a precaution.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285