Author Topic: what is the best way to price out printing transfers?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
what is the best way to price out printing transfers?
« on: June 07, 2013, 02:13:02 PM »
I have to print 200 single colored transfers for a project we are doing, then apply them to a slipmat (for record players, usually made out of polyester).

what is the best way to charge for this? we just slowly started messing with heat pressed stuff. so still working out the kinks.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
what is the best way to price out printing transfers?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:18:20 PM »
I would charge what you would for shirts then figure your cost for xfer paper and adhesive and then your time to press them.

RT Screen Designs
www.rtscreendesigns.com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline Admiral

Re: what is the best way to price out printing transfers?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 04:33:23 PM »
You should have a separate heat press charging per item with price breaks.

Printing should be priced just like sweetts said, cost of printing for 1 screen on shirts, add in paper + powder which isn't too big then what you want for pressing.

I think we charge $5 for names which cost us $3 each, so $2 of pressing in there for us per name.

Since 200 would probably take 3 hours or so I would probably go with something like 1-$1.50 on top of the other calculated cost.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: what is the best way to price out printing transfers?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
The puzzle with pricing transfers for me is the fact that we have come to expect a discount on quantity, but with heat seal, one quickly reaches a point of diminishing returns in that, unlike screen printing, it takes 100 times as much time to press 100 pieces as it does one.
Not so in screen printing as. especially with an auto, most of the time is in pre-press, and clean-up.

Bottom line, you really have to time the process, and then price it accordingly.

You may even find that ordering the transfers will make sense on some jobs.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?