Author Topic: Help with action engineering product  (Read 1987 times)

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
Help with action engineering product
« on: June 04, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »
I bought a short hold down pallet and they said it would work on my M&R auto.  So I but it on there and go to do a print and notice the pallet is touching the screen.  I put by auto on the lowest setting, which is at least a .25'' away from the screen with my other pallets, but the shirt hold down still has no off contact.  I called them (after hours) and their closed.

Am I missing something or was this short old down made wrong?  I would think they would make these so it would be the same height as a normal pallet.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Help with action engineering product
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »
I know that one way or another, Eric will make it good for you.
You may have to wait for tomorrow morning, of course.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:35:29 PM »
I know that one way or another, Eric will make it good for you.
You may have to wait for tomorrow morning, of course.
It was a three color design on white.  I flash between colors and they look good.  Even had halftones.
Maybe your not suppose to have off contact when doing these types of shorts.  But I'd think if I had to underbase in the future I'd have problems.
It should be at least a .25'' lower I would think.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
Sounds like whomever set up your press did a half assed job. I'd ask for a refund on that!!! At least ask him to stop in and look at things again. Just my take
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »
Sounds like whomever set up your press did a half assed job. I'd ask for a refund on that!!! At least ask him to stop in and look at things again. Just my take
Has nothing to do with you.  Short hold down is just obviously different height than regular M&R pallets

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 01:18:52 AM »
well in the future you can use yardsticks or some other object below the screen in the screen holder to raise that up to create your off contact

I did that for box printing once, just folded paper actually though because I didn't need much more OC

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 08:34:20 AM »
yup, I used to keep a good supply of paint stirrers from Home Depot hanging around.  They were free, so I'd grab a handful when i go in.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:58 PM »
I'm not sure about your holddown rig, but whenever I printed with mine on the manual press I never used off contact always on contact, I think that is to control smearing with that type of printing.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Action1

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:12 PM »
Hello -

I was on vacation last week and am only now seeing this. My apologies for the delayed reply.

The SHD's & JHD's is indeed taller than your standard pallet. This was intentional. It allows for more gripping of the garment by the rubber wipers. The extra gripping increases the tension on the print surface.

We have had great reviews/ feedback on the new design which is now taller. No one has ever commented on the height being and issue. However, it should have been explained. I am going to send a few people here emails to ensure that the height change is well communicated.

Please let me know if anything further can or should be done to ensure your satisfaction with your purchase.

Erik

P.S. - Thank you Frog!