Author Topic: Original art for Magazine cover. Anyone recognize it?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Original art for Magazine cover. Anyone recognize it?
« on: July 06, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
Original art for Magazine cover. Anyone recognize it?  I added a small subtle shot of something in it of where I worked at the time.
I thought it worked well together since it was Santa. I imagine they all sort of come from the same place, You know, Elves and Ferry's.  HAHA

I will display the rest of this cover art later.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Original art for Magazine cover. Anyone recognize it?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 04:20:34 PM »
Dan I think I still have that mag around my office somewhere, great cover by the way.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Northland

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:59:29 PM »
It's got a Norman Rockwell look... nice.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:31:10 AM »
Impressions from around Y2k or so? Didn't you do another cover for them as well?

Is that the ArtElf getting mad-dogged by St. Nick?
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 07:08:41 PM »
NOPE.  HA!  Gotcha!  but, you were close.
Printwear, Dec. 2002  Yes, I did another one but it wasn't as good in my opinion. They wanted certain things and the info kept changing. When it came down to it, I had to just through some things together real quick for that one.  It was the Q&A for Oct. 2003  They loved it but it was kinda cheesy on a skill level. |Goes to show you that we are our own worse critics.

Thats not the one and only Artelf, but I'm sure as many artist are inspired by other artist, I put in little of Artelf in it. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850